Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.0.8 Sitemap

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] 4.0.8 Sitemap

    Does anyone know how to submit there sitemap to Google Webmaster tools because mine doesn't work, i went to www.forum.com/store_sitemap/ and that never worked oh yeah i did build the sitemap in AdminCP before i submitted it please help.

    Thanks
    Jigsaw

  • #2
    It should be some thing like http://www.yoursite.com/store_sitema...hread_1.xml.gz
    Uberforces

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by =abvolt= View Post
      Code:
      http://yoursite.com/store_sitemap/vbulletin_sitemap_thread_1.xml.gz
      well it say's link seems to be broken and yes i tried it with my website of course.

      Comment


      • #5
        Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
        Have you tried using the automated submission in AdminCP > Settings > Options > XML Sitemap
        I think its store_sitemap, submitted to Google taking some time to be done looks good

        Comment


        • #6
          When I went to AdminCP > Setting > Options > XML Sitemap I turn on the sitemap, but when I did...and checked

          http://www.mw2boards.com/store_sitem...hread_1.xml.gz

          It wouldn't show, instead, it shows "Page not found" what do I do?

          What am I supposed to put in "Sitemap File Path?"

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by Carlos 360 View Post
            When I went to AdminCP > Setting > Options > XML Sitemap I turn on the sitemap, but when I did...and checked

            http://www.mw2boards.com/store_sitem...hread_1.xml.gz

            It wouldn't show, instead, it shows "Page not found" what do I do?

            What am I supposed to put in "Sitemap File Path?"
            Same here i tried it they said they fixed this issue but they never :/

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
              Have you tried using the automated submission in AdminCP > Settings > Options > XML Sitemap
              And trevor that never worked either

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by ★Jigsaw View Post
                And trevor that never worked either
                It is working for me without any problem...

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Carlos 360 View Post
                  What am I supposed to put in "Sitemap File Path?"
                  Like the instruction say correctly...

                  Just put there the folder name to storage your sitemap without any /

                  To add the sitemap on google just add xmlsitemap.php on the sitemap imput field.

                  Enjoy

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by Gumble View Post
                    Like the instruction say correctly...

                    Just put there the folder name to storage your sitemap without any /

                    To add the sitemap on google just add xmlsitemap.php on the sitemap imput field.

                    Enjoy
                    I just tried making it simply "store_sitemap" from its default "./store_sitemap" designation.

                    Nothing worked. So, now my question becomes: Do I really have to make the file writable? I didn't think it was safe to make it writable, the same can be said for when you made two files writable during installation of VB4.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Carlos, Jigsaw:

                      I just went through this tonight after updating one of my sites to vB4. When it was running vB3 I was using vBSEO's Sitemap Generator and had my Google Webmaster Tool settings pointing to that URL.

                      The default URL that is supposed to be accesible is "http://www.YourSite.com/{vb}/xmlsitemap.php" but I could not get it recognized by Google. Eventually I ended up submitting "http://www.YourSite.com/{vb}/store_sitemap/vbulletin_sitemap_index.xml.gz" directly and that worked. Yay!

                      But it didn't explain why I couldn't get the documented URL (xmlsitemap.php) to work. So in my ACP I changed ACP => Settings => Options => XML Sitemap => Sitemap File Path from the default value of "./xmlsitemap.php" to be fully qualified instead, such as "/home/YourSite/www/{vb}/store_sitemap", and then tried submitting that to Google. That worked! Yay!

                      So in a nutshell, if you're having problems, try...
                      1. Make sure your /{vb}/store_sitemap folder is writable.
                      2. Make the Sitemap File Path to be fully qualified (eg: /home/YourSite/www/{vb}/store_sitemap) in your ACP (ACP => Settings => Options => XML Sitemap => Sitemap File Path)
                      3. Rebuild your sitemap to make sure the files in /{vb}/store_sitemap are getting created (ACP => XML Sitemap => Rebuild Sitemap => Build Sitemap). If the files were not created, or if you don't see that the time stamp of the files were updated, go back and check the first two steps above.
                      4. Submit "http://www.YourSite.com/{vb}/xmlsitemap.php" to the SEs.

                      Your mileage may vary of course.
                      [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        I got mine working after I made my last post in this thread.

                        Thanks though.

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          I need help please... I have all so problem with that
                          I put the Sitemap File Path like that :/hsphere/local/home/XXX/dacho.co.il/store_sitemap (this is the file Path!)
                          and I get - Error
                          You did not enter a valid value for this setting.
                          פורום, פורומים, קהילות - דצ'ו

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by dacho View Post
                            I need help please... I have all so problem with that
                            I put the Sitemap File Path like that :/hsphere/local/home/XXX/dacho.co.il/store_sitemap (this is the file Path!)
                            and I get - Error
                            You did not enter a valid value for this setting.
                            Get rid of the ":" in front of the path.
                            [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

                            Comment

                            Related Topics

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X