Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posts missing when you go to user profile and click find all posts or threads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Posts missing when you go to user profile and click find all posts or threads.

Hello,

I've ran into a huge problem in my vBulletin forum. Recently I just noticed that when you go to a user profile and click find all posts by this user most of the posts don't show. Some users have over 3000 posts but only show around 70 in history.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Did you do any site updates? Install new products? Have you tried running maintenance tasks in admincp - search rebuild for example.
    anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
    Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
    Please be my friend!
    http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
    vBulletin Performance Articles:
    Click here to read

Comment

Nope no site updates, neither did I install new products. Yes I tried running maintenance tasks in admincp.

Comment

How many search results do you allow to be returned?

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Message Searching Options >
        Maximum Search Results to Return

Comment

I allow 500

Comment

Is the cutoff after a specific date? how many posts are on your forum in total?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              Is the cutoff after a specific date? how many posts are on your forum in total?
              Some of them load all the posts but most of them only load from June 06 2010

Threads: 10,645 Posts: 93,456 Members: 13,804

Comment

When did you do the upgrade to vBulletin 4?

Does the rebuild search index time out at any point?
                Did you import from a third party script?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                  When did you do the upgrade to vBulletin 4?

Does the rebuild search index time out at any point?
                  Did you import from a third party script?
                  I upgraded months ago, tbh I don't remember the exact date. No I didn't import from any third party script.

If it's okay with you I can PM you admin credentials to my website so you can check it out.

Comment

sorry, i needed to bump this.. still having problem

Comment

You still need to wait 24 hours between bumping your posts. If you're having an issue and need it escalted please start a support ticket.

Comment

i can tell that the search engine on my forum also works very very bad.
                        it should be good if the vbteam did some work on the endless list of well known bugs that anyone complains about than doing this little nice update followed by the next nice 'thingy'.

i did a migration from a vb3.x forum where everything worked flawlessly when using the searchengine.
                        now, months after the migration the indexing in the vb search engine is still very poor. members with more than 1000 posts return to have no more than 50 posts or so.
                        Then there is a huge problem with missing threads, when you search for that specific thread using google it shows up as first item, when using the vb search engine it doesn't show up at all.

it's clear to me that vb lacks here; google actually does find the thread and vb itself not? Man what kind of 'quality' product is this?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X