Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove vBSEO and not break all search engine links, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How to remove vBSEO and not break all search engine links, etc.

Hello,

I am using vB SEO (latest version) on my vB 4.x forum and would like to discontinue use of it and use the vB native SEO URL's instead. Been having issues with reply notifications not taking the user to the newest post and just want to remove this dependency.

Does anyone know if it's possible to discontinue using vB SEO and not have it break every link out there? I've tried it before and it seemed like a mess. Just curious if anyone has done this and has tips on how to remove it safely?

Thank you.
    Neal Culiner
    President, NC Software, Inc.
    Logbook Pro Pilot Flight Logbook Software
    Visual Basic Developer Forums

Why not ask at vbseo?
    plus why not get the issues you're talking about, fixed?
    I don't have any problems like that and have had vbseo for a long time

but to answer your question, remove the mod and setup either a 404 page or a 301 redirect page to direct ppl home if that fall on a broken link
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Started there, they say there's no problem, I can't figure out why it's happening. When you get a reply notification it should take you to the new post and most of the time the URL does not.
      Neal Culiner
      President, NC Software, Inc.
      Logbook Pro Pilot Flight Logbook Software
      Visual Basic Developer Forums

Comment

I find it hard to believe that they would dismiss a problem if you're having one.
        Do you have a thread over there that you described what was happening and their response?
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

vbSEO for me on my big-board (100k threads - 50k users) has been a very problematic. I won't go on, but I also am trying to revert and the vbSEO team is not being very helpful ... I guess I will ask my web host to help me out with the 301 redirects that I can get working.
          sigpic
          Life is just a Big Skid

Comment

I'm sorry but assistance with third party software needs to be addressed with their developers - we can't assist on here with that.
            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
            -
            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
            - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

when i use vb 3 and vbseo, and remove the vbseo, this should help, but i dont know in vb 4, put in the .htaccess:

RewriteRule [^/]+/([0-9]+)-[^/]+\.html http://www.domain.com/showthread.php?t=$1 [L,R=301]
              RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X