Which Stylevar To Fix This in VB4.08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Which Stylevar To Fix This in VB4.08

What the heck??? LOL I installed vb4.08 tonight. How do I get it so that I can see the words 'customize' in the customize button?

I can't see the words on the other tabs either. Which stylevar controls the comment boxes as well?

www.8thos.com

Try this: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...-Profile-Style.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Oh wow so I have to execute an SQL query... do you have a tutorial link on that please?

I don't know where to go to do that. Is it in CPanel? Link please?
      www.8thos.com

Comment

d'oh. please delete this post. wrong forum....
        www.radiostyrt.no / www.modellflynytt.no

Comment

Do you know how to run queries?
          www.8thos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Octavius View Post
            Oh wow so I have to execute an SQL query... do you have a tutorial link on that please?

I don't know where to go to do that. Is it in CPanel? Link please?
            Click on that little paint can and customize button color.

Comment

I did that but I need it done for all of my members. I am userid 1 btw.
              www.8thos.com

Comment

The About me and Friends would be
                Inactive Module Text Color

Comment

Sorry about that, you will have to follow the instructions

This problem can be fixed with an SQL query. You can do it either in admincp > maintenance > execute sql query, in phpmyadmin, or any other sql query tool you have. This has not been through QA, so this is unsupported and must be done carefully.

1. Go to your own profile and customize it to look like the default.
                  2. Get your userid. It very likely is one but isn't guaranteed.
                  3. Execute the query
                    UPDATE customprofile SET userid = -1 WHERE userid = ;
                    So for example if on your member profile page the url is something like member.php?12-fred, and your table prefix is vbf_, your query would be
                    UPDATE vbf_customprofile SET userid = -1 WHERE userid = 12;

and any users who haven't customized their profile will get the new default.
                  4. If you don't like the results, you can remove the profile by executing
                    DELETE FROM customprofile WHERE userid = -1
                  5. Ifyou execute step 3 and want to change again, please execute the query in step 4 to delete the saved default profile before you save a new one.
                  Again, in 409 this won't be necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
                    Sorry about that, you will have to follow the instructions

This problem can be fixed with an SQL query. You can do it either in admincp > maintenance > execute sql query, in phpmyadmin, or any other sql query tool you have. This has not been through QA, so this is unsupported and must be done carefully.

1. Go to your own profile and customize it to look like the default.
                    2. Get your userid. It very likely is one but isn't guaranteed.
                    3. Execute the query
                      UPDATE customprofile SET userid = -1 WHERE userid = ;
                      So for example if on your member profile page the url is something like member.php?12-fred, and your table prefix is vbf_, your query would be
                      UPDATE vbf_customprofile SET userid = -1 WHERE userid = 12;

and any users who haven't customized their profile will get the new default.
                    4. If you don't like the results, you can remove the profile by executing
                      DELETE FROM customprofile WHERE userid = -1
                    5. Ifyou execute step 3 and want to change again, please execute the query in step 4 to delete the saved default profile before you save a new one.

Again, in 409 this won't be necessary.
                    I know.

I've read this.

All I'm asking is where do I do this at? I'm sitting here google searching how to run SQL Queries.
                    www.8thos.com

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ntenance_query

^^^K I found it. I'm at work though and my job won't let me access CPanel in order to change my config.php file so that I can allow myself to run queries. Guess I'll just wait until I get home.
                      www.8thos.com

Comment

Nice to see you found it in control panel.

Comment