Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Omicron99
    • Jun 2005

[Forum] Forum Titles Missing in the "Whats New" page

Just upgraded to 4.07 from 4.02. Haven't noticed any problems except for one.

On the "Whats New" page on the right side where it says "Forum: " it no longer lists the forum name, its just empty. Any help on how to fix this?
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Do you have a link for us to see this? Is the text missing completely or is it the same font colour as the background? Have you tried in a new default style?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Omicron99
      • Jun 2005

its just empty. Its also empty on the default style

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

I can't see that page - can you create a test user and post the details here
        Vote for:

Comment

• Omicron99
          • Jun 2005

testuser/test123

thanks

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

If you view the source code, it's actually there but being hidden somehow. I'd guess that a customisation to the code or to your style is causing this.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
            Vote for:

Comment

• Omicron99
              • Jun 2005

I created an new style and it worked for it, but when I switched back it didn't work.

Then I went to do the Suspect File Versions and only 1 non-addon alert showed up with the following message. I tried to reupload that file, but it didn't resolve it.

./clientscript/yui/history/assets
              blank.html File does not contain expected contents

All the other alerts were "File not recognized as part of vBulletin" for the addons I use.

I then tried adding "define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);" to the config file, however that didn't fix it, so I know its not any addon mod.

Is there another way to fix this without having to re-upload all the VB files over? If I do that, do I have to rerun the upgrade setup?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

This is not the default vB: http://vbforums.mmobay.net/

You still have some add-ons running. Also what is the name of the new style Trevor asked you to create?
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Omicron99
                  • Jun 2005

The new style that I created worked, its not selectable however, only as admin. I then switched back to the normal theme we use and disabled the mods to see if that worked, however it didn't so I re-enabled the addons.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Please follow all of these instructions, then provide a link to the new unmodified style.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Omicron99
                      • Jun 2005

I reuploaded all the VB4.07 files and followed your steps, but it didn't work. As I stated before only 1 file had an issue using Suspect File Versions, even after reuploading everything.

./clientscript/yui/history/assets
                      blank.html File does not contain expected contents

I then created a new theme and imported my old Style from 4.02. That worked and the forum titles are now displaying.

I have another problem however since the update to 4.07. The "Mark forum as Read" feature no longer works. I received the following error.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.
                      If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

That error is from a modification. Please see this thread for the steps to resolve this error:

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Omicron99
                          • Jun 2005

you know the solution to every bug shouldn't be reupload everything and rebuild your skin. thanks for nothing.

Anyone with a similar problem, please see this post for a real solution
                          Last edited by Omicron99; Fri 15 Oct '10, 8:29am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎