Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Few things a new administrator needs help with.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne
    replied
    1. You want to stop them from post active *links* to website (ie. http://www.external.com) or post external *images* ? Or both? You can disallow bbcode in a forum (forum manager > edit forum > allow BB Code... or Allow [IMG ] code). But, if it is just external links, then you would need to modify the code and the place to ask about that is over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

2. Forum Manager > Add Moderator. You can add a moderator to just that forum.

3. I only prune certain threads on my site and I just select them and move them to my Hibernation forum.

Leave a comment:

• Few things a new administrator needs help with.

I am a new administrator and got handed the task of administering our forums at work, I have a few questions on how to do a few things…
    1. I would like to restrict users from being able to post links from external websites. When a user clicks add image they are given the two options, the first is an upload and the second is from URL. How can I make the “From URL” disappear? Does it require a code change?
    2. The different departments would like to have a “Moderator” account for themselves. I need to grant each moderator access to a certain section and only that section. How would I go about doing that?
    3. Any suggestions on “pruning” the posts that haven’t been active for a certain period of time? I have found a 3rd party php script and would like some insight on this.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X