No announcement yet.

How to Register with same usernames ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How to Register with same usernames ?

Hi, I have a special forum. And my members register to my forum with Real Names. (We don't use nicknames.)

And what will i do if there exist more than one member with same name and surname.

Think that there exist two man which names are Alex Brown. Vbulletin didn't permit to take this name twice. How can i solve this problem ? I can't find on admincp.

no way to have the same names for users.
    first Alex Brown wins
    secondary must be Alex P Brown or Alex Jon Brown etc.
    if you have identical user names then how will they differ in posts ???
    born to fish forced to work

Comment

I was not awake lol.. I read it clear now .. oh well,, blame it on the cat
      Last edited by Merjawy; Thu 7 Oct '10, 10:18am.
      To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
      My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
      CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
      Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

I am confused. How is it possible that 2 people can have the same names? You definitely can't have two similar usernames in Vbulletin.
        Programming Forum || PHP Forum || Windows Forum

Comment

I think nobody understood me exactly. I set up a forum. And my members don't use nicknames in registration. They are using real names. My name is Cihan KÜSMEZ and there may exist another Cihan KÜSMEZ in Turkey.

What should i do ? I have to allow same usernames.

Comment

People cannot use the same user name in the default vB code. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I would do as Daniel Suggested above - use a middle initial or middle name. Alternately, you can have John Smith and John Smith 2, I suppose. But, the software will not allow another user to use the same username as one that is already taken.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

any solutions ?

Comment

See posts #6 and 7.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X