Search/database issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Search/database issue

This is the second time this has happened and I am not sure what I can do to fix/prevent this.

Ever since upgraded to 4.0 the forum runs fine then we see a huge slow down in the time it takes for posts to go through once "post reply" is clicked. When I go to repair/optimize the database it would hang at the search db elements. The last time I emptied the search index and then was able to repair/optimize the database. The site ran slow only when replying, searching and deleting posts would take up to a minute to process.

I am assuming that this is all related to the search index being corrupt. Last time around after about 4 days it just started working again and things were back to normal and I was able to rebuild the search index. Now 2 months later it has happened again and I cleared the search index and it is 5 days later and doesn't seem to have "fixed" itself. Our host says there is no problem on their end and vbulletin seems to work fine for the most part, just when posting/searching/deleting there is a major lag. Any help anyone can offer would be most appreciated.

We are currently running 4.0.5 and I am looking to do the upgrade this weekend. I am pretty sure the first time it happened we were on 4.0.3 as I remember doing an upgrade right after the first time it happened. This is the first time any major issue has happened in the 2 years of running a vbulletin site.

Last night the forum seemed back to normal so I rebuilt the search index and the problem came right back. I dropped the search tables and repaired/optimized the database and went ahead and upgrade to 4.0.7. I haven't rebuilt the search index but I am still getting extremely slow results when posting, deleting or clicking "new Posts" even after the upgrade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Try to go to admincp > options > Message Searching Options, and

Queue Search Updates > yes
      Maximum Search Results to Return > adjust it with your own need.
      Automatic Similar Thread Search > no.
      Search Result Sharing > yes
      I use vbulletin.

Comment

Originally posted by semprot View Post
        Try to go to admincp > options > Message Searching Options, and

Queue Search Updates > yes
        Maximum Search Results to Return > adjust it with your own need.
        Automatic Similar Thread Search > no.
        Search Result Sharing > yes
        Thank you for the tip, I had it set that way all ready.

I am really more concerned why the database/search index is corrupting and how I can fix it and prevent this from happening a third time. I am suspecting due to new posts indexing and when deleting posts they are removed from the index that this is the cause of the slowness I am experiencing. My searchcore file was around 150 MB with 350K posts, is that normal or could it be the cause of the problem?

Comment

I'm finding the same thing. I can't repair it, it says it's corrupted. I have access to myphpadmin, but not sure what command to use to resolve it. Any help?

Comment

Originally posted by Apokalupsis View Post
            I'm finding the same thing. I can't repair it, it says it's corrupted. I have access to myphpadmin, but not sure what command to use to resolve it. Any help?
            Go to phpmyadmin, select your database. And you'll see a list of all tables. Check all checkboxes on left of each table name, go to bottom of page, choose "repair".
            I use vbulletin.

Comment

Thanks, but I tried that already (figured it out). It won't repair. Had to end up having my host do it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X