Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    That is still likely mod_security, contact your webhost if they can shed any light on the issue.

Leave a comment:

• andreamarucci
    replied
    Thanks Zach I've replied but not sure about it. This problem came out only after I've enabled the mod rewrite friendly url in my board and placed the corrispondent htaccess in the forum root. Before enabling this eveything worked fine also with accented chars. Don't you think it's an htaccess problem or something related to mod rewrite?

Please note also that on tha same server I've a Joomla installation with mod rewrite friendly url and htaccess that work without problems also when in the titles there are accented chars. This is why I don't think it's a mod_sec problem.

Jus to be clear a thread title like this one

Ancora più in alto

doesn't work and give the error. If I correct it in

Ancora piu in alto

no problems at all..

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I responded to your ticket, it looks like mod_security or suhosin is blocking the requested URL based on keywords/keycharacters in the url.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle simsim
    replied
    url please

Leave a comment:

• andreamarucci
    replied
    Wow it's possible that no one here has had the same problem? Or my was a stupid question? I've this problem with all the accented chars and the others like ° and so on.

Thanks for any help

Leave a comment:

• andreamarucci
    started a topic [Forum] htaccess and accented chars

htaccess and accented chars

I've read and applied the tutorial here

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/content.php?174

on how to create an htaccess to enable the friendly url with mod rewrite in VB4.

Everything work well except that the fact that if in the thread title there's an accented chars, this happens:

If you click on the thred title everyhting works.
    If you click on the icon at the very start of the thread title that should go to the first unread message, the following error message appear.

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forum/threads/6815-FishKog-perché-il-pesce-non-ha-paura-dell-acqua! could not be found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    I think it's an htaccess problem so how can I fix it to avoid this problem? Anyone with the same problem?