Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feldon23
    replied
    That means that IF their primary usergroup is Download, then their primary usergroup will revert to Registered.

Since their primary usergroup is something else, then they will simply have the Download group dropped from their groups.

With the addition of additional/secondary usergroups, that help text really should get an update.

Leave a comment:

• andreamarucci
    replied
    I've a doubt. That's the situation

Some users are in the "registered" UG and in the additional UG "download".
    Other users are in the "paying" UG and in the additional UG "download".

When I try to delete the "download" UG I got this message

Are you sure you want to delete the usergroup called 'Download'?
    (usergroupid: 26)

All members of this usergroup will revert to the Registered group.

This action cannot be undone.
    What dows this mean? I would like that the additional UG will be removed from all the users and that all the users remains in the respective UG. I don't really want that all the users are moved in the Registered group since this one has some minor permission.

What will happen if I click OK in that case?

Leave a comment:

• andreamarucci
    replied
    Ok thanks a lot. I wanted to be sure before doing it...

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If you delete the usergroup, it removes it against the user also - no need to delete the users then the group.

Leave a comment:

• andreamarucci
    replied
    Trevore, any suggestion? Do I've to open a ticket for this?

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Prune/Move Users never supported Additional Usergroups.

Leave a comment:

• andreamarucci
    replied
    I forgot to mention that "download" is the additional UG so what I want to do is remove this additional UG for all the users.

Leave a comment:

• andreamarucci
    replied
    This way I'm unable to find any user. I'm searching for all the users in the "download" usergroup but I've to find all of them withouth any other search criteria.

All of these users are associated to two usergroup, "registered" and "download". What I would like to do is that all these user are associated only to the "registered" usergroup and no more to the other one.

If I try to search for all the users in the "download" UG the system ask me other search criteria that I don't want to use but if I don't set any other criteria, no user is found...

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If you go to:

AdminCP > Users > Prune/Move Users

you can delete the users from the group.

Leave a comment:

• andreamarucci
    replied
    Let's say, for simplicity, that I would like to delete the group "download" so, before doing this, I would like to remove all the users from this group.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Is it all users in the Download group or a selected number?

Leave a comment:

• andreamarucci
    started a topic [Forum] Removing users from usergroup using MySQL

Removing users from usergroup using MySQL

Hello, I've many people in my board that are assigned to a usergroup named "registered" and to another usergroup called "download".

Since these are many I would like to remove all these users form the group "download" possibly using a MySQL string so that I don't have to edit all the users manually.

Is there any way of doing this from the admin interface or I've to use PHPMyAdmin? In this case wht's exactly the string I've to put in MySQL?

Thanks!