im sooo close but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] im sooo close but...

ok so i created a host, made a database, plugged in all the information i needed that matched with my database to the config.php then uploaeded the uploaded folder using filezilla to my site and when i tried to install it worked. but when i get to step 3, it says in big read letters that i do not have permission to connect to the server. why is that? i though i set the permissions already.... and i've triple checked them and they are correct... ;3

Click image for larger version

Name:	flgkg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	3680137

Comment

It looks like you or your hosting provider created the database and the database user; but they did not grant correct privileges to that user. Additionally, check for silly mistakes - is the database server name localhost or does it require some other hostname?
      anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
      Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
      Please be my friend!
      http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
      vBulletin Performance Articles:
      Click here to read

Comment

Also, I noticed that you are installing vb 4.0.6. You might want to install the latest version which atm is 4.0.7.

Comment

hmm it may be your first one because i used a free host ( ) and they didn't ask to set permissions i tried the other thing you said but it still didn't work so that's probably it (the 1st thing)

Comment

ok thanks i will try 4.0.7 but was that like just released? because i just bought my license the 12th

Comment

Originally posted by Fzerowii View Post
              ok thanks i will try 4.0.7 but was that like just released? because i just bought my license the 12th
              It has been several days since 4.0.7 is out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X