Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENF
    replied
    Thanks for the update and clarification of your issue, good one for the notes in case we run into this again.

Leave a comment:

• Philosophy
    replied
    Yes you are correct Videx, AdminCP>Settings>Site Name / URL / Contact Details>Webmaster's email was my Admin user's email address so I was not getting any notifications at all for whatever reason.

Leave a comment:

• Videx
    replied
    Originally posted by Philosophy View Post
    I've figured it out....
    Now if only we can figure out what you're talking about. I mean, it could be useful for future searchers if you could explain the problem & solution a bit differently?

I think you're saying you accidentally entered your personal email addy in AdminCP>Settings>Site Name / URL / Contact Details>Webmaster's email? Thus the server wouldn't accept it? But then why did the test emails work?

Leave a comment:

• Philosophy
    replied
    I've figured it out. I wasn't receiving emails because My Admin email or my email on vbulletin as a user was also listed as the webmaster email which is the from email for all notifications coming from vbulletin. All is working. Thanks for the replies and help on this one!

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by Philosophy View Post
    Hello. Thanks for the replies. SMTP was basically for testing. The mail server is fine, I've had other vbulletin websites on this server. Still nothing works though. No subscriptions, nothing. Maybe I need to submit a support ticket. Test email function in vBulletin does work though.
    If the test email function works in vbulletin, then the mail system should be working as designed. What about plugins? Have you confirmed that any plugins you are using do not interfere with the mailing system?

Leave a comment:

• Philosophy
    replied
    Hello. Thanks for the replies. SMTP was basically for testing. The mail server is fine, I've had other vbulletin websites on this server. Still nothing works though. No subscriptions, nothing. Maybe I need to submit a support ticket. Test email function in vBulletin does work though.

Leave a comment:

• Videx
    replied
    If the email test works then you can stop messing with the email settings, they're fine. More likely some sort of subscription problem.

Leave a comment:

• sulasno
    replied
    SMTP Host
    If you've enabled SMTP mail, please specify the host here. You may find that specifying an IP Address rather than a domain name, results in better performance.

Check also the configurations of the mail server

Leave a comment:

• Philosophy
    started a topic [Forum] NO emails being sent at all

NO emails being sent at all

Hey all, on our forum we have installed vBulletin 4.0.7 and we're having an issue with emails being sent. Very simply, everything is set up for instant notification on subscriptions but nothing at all is being emailed. Absolutely no emails come from vBulletin at all.

I've checked the webmaster email. I've checked the email settings in our configuration and those are correct. I've even changed and tested them with smtp and nothing seems to work. I did run the test in vBulletin and receive my test email without any issues.

Not sure what's going on but we really need to receive emails for our forum as it's a support related forum. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, we moved the forum once and imported our posts from Kunena. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.
    Last edited by Philosophy; Tue 28th Sep '10, 7:59am. Reason: Solved