grid width help:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] grid width help:

I'm working on setting up my CMS page a bit better and I need the right column/sidebar to be ~366px wide. I then want the main section to take the rest of the available space... How do I do this?

I've made a 2 column grid that I've flattened and set the right column to be 366px which works, but it's not aligned to the right?

here's what it looks like:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2 column gap on right.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	3718765

here's the code:
    HTML Code:
    <div id="doc3">
        <div id="bd">
            <div class="yui-g">
                <div class="yui-tvb-l60 first yui-panel">
                    <ul class="list_no_decoration" id="widgetlist_column1">$column[1]</ul>
                </div>
                <div class="yui-tvb-r40 yui-panel">
                    <ul class="list_no_decoration" id="widgetlist_column2"style="width:366px">$column[2]</ul>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
    I've also flattened a 1 column grid with a right sidebar and forced 366px for the sidebar's width, but that puts the sidebar UNDER the main content:

Click image for larger version

Name:	366 sidebar under content.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	3718766

and here's the code for that:
    HTML Code:
    <div id="doc3" class="yui-tvb-r4">
        <div id="bd">
            <div id="yui-main">
                <div class="yui-b">
                    <div class="yui-u yui-panel">
                        <ul class="list_no_decoration widget_list" id="widgetlist_column1" >$column[1]</ul>
                    </div>
                </div>
            </div>
            <div class="yui-b yui-sidebar"style="width:366px">
                <ul class="list_no_decoration widget_list" id="widgetlist_column2">$column[2]</ul>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
    I've left the grid using the 300px wide sidebar for now because it's the neatest solution, but I NEED to sort out the 366 width. You can see it with the 300px sidebar here:
    http://newschoolofphotography.com/content/

the issue is the google ads, facebook widget and flickr widget all need more than the 300px the default sidebar gives me... I need to be able to set that width...

so what's the better way to solve the problem? Fixing the 2 column layout or setting the wifth of a sidebar?

Thanks,
    Ben

The system uses YUI Grids. You would have to conform to that specification. I don't know if it supports a non-standard 366 pixel width for a column. The docs are here - http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/grids/
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

If I recall, someone did something like this on with a width of 350 and I posted the css needed.

You may want to post this over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
        If I recall, someone did something like this on with a width of 350 and I posted the css needed.

You may want to post this over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.
        any chance you could post it again?

I've been searching here and there and what I did find led me to the issues I've got... I've also got a post going over there as well...

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?357979

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

thanks Lynne!

Comment

Of all the ridiculous limitations of the vBulletin CMS, why I can't simply enter 250px into this box is completely ridiculous. I'm sure there is a css over ride, but for the life of me I can't think of one possible benefit for forcing specific widths. I'm curious who is intentionally sabotaging vBulletin. This is just another example of vB4 wasting hours of my life unnecessarily.

Brandon
              Payday Advance

Comment

Originally posted by brandondrury View Post
                Of all the ridiculous limitations of the vBulletin CMS, why I can't simply enter 250px into this box is completely ridiculous. I'm sure there is a css over ride, but for the life of me I can't think of one possible benefit for forcing specific widths. I'm curious who is intentionally sabotaging vBulletin. This is just another example of vB4 wasting hours of my life unnecessarily.

Brandon
                I totally agree. Absolutely unbelievable.

Comment

Brandon is frustrated. Nobody seems to care.
                  Come on support.

Comment

I believe Brandon finally got help on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X