No announcement yet.

4.0.7 Open Thumbnail in New Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see. However I thorouughly tested this myself with 4.0.7, 4.0.8 and 3.8.6. It does work. Unfortunately you don't have ticket support so we can only try to help via the forums here.

Since this does work with the default vB code, then it's very likely a modification that is causing this problem for you. To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      I see. However I thorouughly tested this myself with 4.0.7, 4.0.8 and 3.8.6. It does work. Unfortunately you don't have ticket support so we can only try to help via the forums here.

Since this does work with the default vB code, then it's very likely a modification that is causing this problem for you. To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Hi Steve,

There are no add-ins or modifications to my test sites other than stylevar and logo changes. I believe I am starting to get to the bottom of what is going on here, and I just shared this in a PM with Fabian:

"With further testing I have found that v4 treats "attached images" and "inserted images from computer" the same for the purposes of creating thumbnails. It appears that the "open attachments in a new window" setting only applies to "attached images". When I try to create test threads with both types, they both become "inserted images from computer" and will not open in a new window. I then tried creating a new thread with an "attached image", it became an "inserted image from computer".

The crazy part is if you hover over an "attached image" or an "inserted image from computer" they are both referred to as attachments.

It appears the reason I have not had any problem with getting this to work with 3.8.6 is because it only supports "attached images". I fully understand that an attachment can be file types other than image files, but an attached image is an attached image and your software should treat them consistently.
      Last edited by GuitarBargains; Fri 22 Oct '10, 4:04pm.

Comment

Attached images are any images uploaded to vBulletin.

Comment

Hi Steve,

I am not sure how you got this to work, I have repeatedly recreated the problem on 2 web hosts, on a home Ubuntu server, and on my local PC using XAMPP. Accordingly, I have just created 2 new test installations for you to view, they have no add-ins or modifications, and each have the same settings at outlined in post #9.

vBulletin v3.8.6
          http://gtrguy.byethost31.com/386/showthread.php?t=1

vBulletin v4.0.8
          http://gtrguy.byethost31.com/408/for...ent-Test-Forum

Please click on each attached image and notice how they act differently between the versions. I suspect there is an additional setting in v4 that I am missing, but I do not know what it is.

Thanks
          Last edited by GuitarBargains; Sat 23 Oct '10, 4:26am.

Comment

Thanks. I did test this on unmodified 4.0.7, 4.0.8 and 3.8.6 test forums. I cannot duplicate this problem.

Please provide these setting for each forum:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Use Image Lightbox
            Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> View Attached Images Inline

(For vB3 it's vBulletin Options instead of 'Settings')

And:

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Manager -> Content Type -> New Window

I'll try to duplicate those exact same settings and test this out again.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks. I did test this on unmodified 4.0.7, 4.0.8 and 3.8.6 test forums. I cannot duplicate this problem.

Please provide these setting for each forum:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Use Image Lightbox
              Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> View Attached Images Inline

(For vB3 it's vBulletin Options instead of 'Settings')

And:

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Manager -> Content Type -> New Window

I'll try to duplicate those exact same settings and test this out again.
              Sure, no problem.

Here are my settings:
              4.0.8 Test Site:
              Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Use Image Lightbox : No
              Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> View Attached Images Inline : Yes, Display Thumbnails
              Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Manager -> Content Type -> New Window: Checked for Forum Albums, Forum Posts, and Groups for Attachment Types (BMP, gif, jpe, jpeg, & png

3.8.6 Test Site:
              Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Use Image Lightbox : No
              Admin CP -> vBulletin Options ->
              Message Attachment Options ->View Attached Images Inline : Yes
              Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Attachment Options ->Thumbnail Creation : Yes
              Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Manager -> for BMP, gif, jpe, jpeg, & png->Display thumbnail for this type? All set to Yes , Open this attachment in a new browser window? All set to Yes

Is there anything else I could be missing for 4.0.x? Are there any special file or folder rights needed, I usually set everything to 755 for folders and 644 for files?

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks

Comment

4.0.8:
                My test opens the picture in a new window

3.8.6:
                Same. My test open this in a new window.

If this is not working for you, then I'm afraid it almost has to be from a modification. Did you follow all the instructions in post #16? Unfortunately since you do not have ticket support, there is nothing more we can do via the forums.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

4.0.8:
                  My test opens the picture in a new window

3.8.6:
                  Same. My test open this in a new window.

If this is not working for you, then I'm afraid it almost has to be from a modification. Did you follow all the instructions in post #16? Unfortunately since you do not have ticket support, there is nothing more we can do via the forums.
                  Steve,

These are clean installs with the latest v4.0.8 recently downloaded from your website. There are no ad-ins, modifications, skins, etc. By the way, are you testing 4.0.8 forum only or suite, I am forum only? I am not sure why you are testing 3.8.6, I have no problem with it, it opens in a new window every time for me, the problem is 4.0.x forum only.

Comment

I tested both because you said they worked differently for you. I could not duplicate this or any of the problems you are having. I'm really at a loss for an explanation as to why this is not working for you.

At this point even though I cannot duplicate this issue, please feel free report this in the vB4 Bug Tracker here:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I tested both because you said they worked differently for you. I could not duplicate this or any of the problems you are having. I'm really at a loss for an explanation as to why this is not working for you.

At this point even though I cannot duplicate this issue, please feel free report this in the vB4 Bug Tracker here:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
                      Steve,

1. You did not answer, are to testing with the full suite or the forum only version like I have?
                      2. As for confirmation of the issue, see post #6 in this thread.
                      3. I did another v4.0.8 clean install on my local PC using XAMPP, same problem as the last time I tried it with 4.0.7.
                      4. Would you like me to create an admin account on the 4.0.8 test site for you to look at the settings and check for modifications?
                      5. Would you like me to delete all the files from the 4.0.8 test site, create a new database, reupload the files and let you do an install with my code?

I will accommodate you anyway as needed, I just cannot understand why I can create this issue over and over again and you cannot.

Comment

I have tested with both the Suite and Forum. I cannot duplicate the problems you are having. And since you do not have ticket support, we cannot investigate this further.

You are free to report this in the bug tracker if you believe this is a vB issue.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I have tested with both the Suite and Forum. I cannot duplicate the problems you are having. And since you do not have ticket support, we cannot investigate this further.

You are free to report this in the bug tracker if you believe this is a vB issue.
                          I give up, way too much time spent trying to get this software to work.

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X