4.0.7 Open Thumbnail in New Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] 4.0.7 Open Thumbnail in New Window

I am currently having problems figuring out how to get attached thumbnail images to open in a new tab/page in vBulletin Forum 4.0.7. Due to random display problems with Firefox I have disabled Lightbox in Message Attachment Options and then set all jpg and jpeg images to open in a new window in Attachment Manager. No matter what I try the image opens in the same browser window every time it is clicked on. I have tested this with IE, Firefox, and Safari. Is there a setting in 4.0.7 I am missing to get this to work?

Thanks

I did some further troubleshooting of this problem by creating a test installation of vBulletin 3.8.6, I had no problems getting the thumbnails to open in new browser tabs when they were clicked on. I searched the Issue Navigator, found many similar issues but was not able to find a specific report for this version of vBulletin. Does anyone know if this is a known 4.0.7 bug?

Comment

Can you give us a link to your site to test?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
        Can you give us a link to your site to test?
        Hi Zachery,

I just sent you a PM with the information.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarBargains View Post
          I am currently having problems figuring out how to get attached thumbnail images to open in a new tab/page in vBulletin Forum 4.0.7. Due to random display problems with Firefox I have disabled Lightbox in Message Attachment Options and then set all jpg and jpeg images to open in a new window in Attachment Manager. No matter what I try the image opens in the same browser window every time it is clicked on. I have tested this with IE, Firefox, and Safari. Is there a setting in 4.0.7 I am missing to get this to work?

Thanks
          I hate to bump an old post but I never heard back from Zachery. Would someone please try these settings on their forum and let me know if this works or if it is a 4.0.7 bug?

Thanks

Comment

I hate to bump an old post but I never heard back from Zachery. Would someone please try these settings on their forum and let me know if this works or if it is a 4.0.7 bug?

Thanks

It's doing it for me too - test here
            Last edited by markwein; Sun 3 Oct '10, 7:35pm.
            MWGLforums.com - Free Video Guitar Lessons and more!

Comment

This is an option under Attachments ->Attachment Manager.. You can define it per image type and per content type.

The option has been there since 3.6.0 but is often overlooked. Edit each image type you want to open in a new window and check the appropriate boxes.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

What exactly are these "content types"? It lists products A, P, S, B, A.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  This is an option under Attachments ->Attachment Manager.. You can define it per image type and per content type.

The option has been there since 3.6.0 but is often overlooked. Edit each image type you want to open in a new window and check the appropriate boxes.
                  Hi Wayne,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this. I have really been pulling my hair out trying to get this to work, I was so simple in v.3.8, why can't get it to work in v4?

Here are the settings I change:
                  1. Settings, Options, Message Attachment Options, Use Image Lightbox, No
                  2. UserGroups, UserGroup Manager,Unregistered/ Not Logged In, Can Download Attachments, Yes
                  3. UserGroups, UserGroup Manager, Unregistered / Not Logged In,Can See Thumbnails, Yes
                  4. Attachments ->Attachment Manager, (bmp, gif, JPE, JPG, Jpeg, png), Content Type, New Window, (all checked)

These are the exact settings that work in v3.8, please let me know if something else must be changed in 4.0.8?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by markwein View Post
                    It's doing it for me too - test here

Hi Mark,

Love your site, glad to see another guitar enthusiast using vBulletin.

Thanks for confirming this issue, I am sure the solution is very simple, but this feature is vital to the site I am trying to create.

Comment

Hi Mark,

Love your site, glad to see another guitar enthusiast using vBulletin.

Thanks for confirming this issue, I am sure the solution is very simple, but this feature is vital to the site I am trying to create.
                      No problem. Here is how I have .jpeg and .jpg, .gif, .jpe and whatever else image wise) set in my attachment manager:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-10-21 at 2.14.02 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	3680497
                      MWGLforums.com - Free Video Guitar Lessons and more!

Comment

Here is a screenshot which may help to clarify the issue, I am trying to get the setting outlined in red to work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	3680498

Comment

Example of How this Should Work

Here is a test I did at a competitive forum about a month ago, when you click in the image you will see what should happen, the same thing that happens with these setting in vBulletin 3.8.x (Please note:Membership required at this forum for this to work):

http://xenforo.com/community/threads...52/#post-64869

Comment

I have checked this and in order for this the work, the Lightbox must be turned off.

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Use Image Lightbox -> No

P.S. I tested this in 3.8.6 and it works the same way. The Lightbox must be off.
                            Last edited by Steve Machol; Thu 21 Oct '10, 4:04pm.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                              I have checked this and in order for this the work, the Lightbox must be turned off.

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Use Image Lightbox -> No

P.S. I tested this in 3.8.6 and it works the same way. The Lightbox must be off.
                              Hi Steve,

I appreciate you responding to this issue, but I do not believe you understand the problem here. If you look at post number 9 in this thread you will see that I have the lightbox setting turned off. The issue is that these settings work properly with 3.8.6 but I cannot get them to work with any version of 4.0.x.

Here is a screenshot of my attachment options:
                              Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X