• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChaFF
    replied
    CMS new article - data base

CMS add new article concern

Description:
    If you click "add new article" on your CMS page and than for some reason decide not to go with creating an article, if you just close the create article page for instance - than in Data Base, new table is still generated, you can see it in cms_node with NULL value...

This action messes order structure, you never able to see this article, unless you manually type full url in your browser - than you'll see "new article - unpublished"

I personally think no new table needs to be created in Data Base if you clicked create new article, but never did. Unless you choose apply or save.
    Last edited by ChaFF; Wed 10th Nov '10, 3:41am.

Leave a comment:

• ChaFF
    replied
    CMS pages problem - resolved

nakedanvil Thanks very much, you got points added to your reputation

It sorted my CMS pages Problem once I ticked Pagination Links box - now i'm able to see pages 1 of 2.
    Last edited by ChaFF; Wed 10th Nov '10, 3:21am.

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    ChaFF: In the section editor, do you have "pagination links" set to "yes"? Don't know why that is not the default.

Leave a comment:

• socceronly
    replied
    I don't see any trouble doing the Rules thing.

Create a section
    Add a page to the section.
    In the page options set the page to display full in the section instead of preview.

Section + 1 page entry set to full view = page.

You could get the add tabs mod and link directly to it.

Does this sort of answer your question?

Leave a comment:

• Videx
    replied
    Yikes. Sounds almost exactly like my last support ticket (SID-1028198-d2c1fccf) which we never did solve.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Can you please start your own thread with all the relevant info, including the link to your forums?

Leave a comment:

• ChaFF
    replied
    CMS pages problem

I did not talk about yourself... just general summary of replies i've seen on forum

CMS Problem

In one of the sections - I've got 12 articles.

I've chosen below settings in this section:
    Content Columns 3 column
    Content per page 6

Problem: on a page it shows only 6 articles. In he bottom of this page 1 of 2 is not shown.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pages-issue-admincp.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	3680675Click image for larger version

Name:	pages-issue-nopages.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	3680676
    Last edited by ChaFF; Wed 10th Nov '10, 2:00am.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Actually I have never said or implied 'get used to it, it's cool'. I simply stated a fact of how it currently works. I also fully understand the confusion and frustration. Sorry if that was not clear.

Please feel free to make a feature request here:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa

That is the best way to get these issues in front of the Devs.

Leave a comment:

• ChaFF
    replied
    Well, it's not good than... i've seen customers complaining all over the place that current CMS structure is bull$h!t... but vb stuff says - hay ho - get used to it, it's cool...
    wtf? sort your sh!t out!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yeah, although this honestly has never come up before that I have seen, I can totally understand the confusion.

Leave a comment:

• Videx
    replied
    Right. I can't even argue the point because the same word is used for two different functions. My head hurts already just trying to figure out how to explain the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    A Category in the CMS is just another Section with sub-sections. That will provide that same function as Categories and Forums in the forums.

Leave a comment:

• Videx
    replied
    But there's no question there should be categories in the CMS. It's another case where whoever was writing the CMS apparently didn't know or care how the forum has done things for years, and used the same word for a completely different function. Mystifies everyone that tries to categorize things in the CMS.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Categories in the CNS are not the same as Categories in the Forums. The CMS uses them as informational tags, while forum categories are really forums with a hierachical structure.

Leave a comment:

• ChaFF
    replied
    is my question too difficult for stuff to advise?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X