X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    If I had to take a guess, restarting mysql after applying the change is what fixes it.

Can't connect means that it can't connect. MySQL is down, or otherwise unreachable, that is all the error means.
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    The error means mysql is unreachable, generally because its down. Neither max connections or wait timeout will make any difference to that error.
    From what I've seen, the errors can happen sporadically, but two people clicking at the same time gives two outputs - one desired, one db error.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by Shamil. View Post
    It seems to fix the issues on my servers.

wait_timeout might be another issue.
    The error means mysql is unreachable, generally because its down. Neither max connections or wait timeout will make any difference to that error.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied

If I had to take a guess, restarting mysql after applying the change is what fixes it.

Can't connect means that it can't connect. MySQL is down, or otherwise unreachable, that is all the error means.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Not true, he'd get an error message about max_connections. This error indicates that mysql is down or otherwise unreacheable. Increasing the connections here will not fix the issue.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You will need to consult your host to fix that error message. It looks likely that the server admin will need to increase max_connections in mysql.ini or my.cnf.
    Not true, he'd get an error message about max_connections. This error indicates that mysql is down or otherwise unreacheable. Increasing the connections here will not fix the issue.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by ascender View Post
    Yes, am now getting these for some reason.....

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)
    /home/themdsco/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 313
    You will need to consult your host to fix that error message. It looks likely that the server admin will need to increase max_connections in mysql.ini or my.cnf.

Leave a comment:

• ascender
    replied
    Yes, am now getting these for some reason.....

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)
    /home/themdsco/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 313

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Are you still getting mysql errors?

Leave a comment:

• ascender
    replied
    Its not flagged up as a suspicious file.

Table checks out OK and is already up to date.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    That is a MySQL data file that is missing, IIRC FRM is the stucture of the table. Try repairing the table via the admincp if you can.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Mikey
    replied
    Unless vB4.0.7 is majorly different to vB4.0.4 (last one I looked at in depth) in file structure, that definitely isnt a vBulletin file.

Run Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions and see if anything there is flagging up.

Leave a comment:

• MySQL Error : Can't find file: './themdsco_mds/cms_navigation.frm'

I've been sent some automatic vBulletin DB errors with the above subject line. I've repaired my DB tables via the AdminCP, but Google isn't giving me much more information than that.

I've not made any changes recently, the above has just started happening.

Any ideas as to what could be causing it or what I can do to resolve?

Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X