BB Code in Social Group Descriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] BB Code in Social Group Descriptions

When creating or editing a social group. BB Code is not allowed in the group description.

Does anyone know if there any underlying technical reason for this?

I've had a look around the code and database and can't find anything that would stop the description being stored and rendered as BB code.

If there is no real reason then I'll modify/create a plugin to enable this for our sites.

Thanks for any help in advance!
    Zingzam
    Smarter online communities. Smarter you.

Wondering if you found anything out on this? I'd like to enable BB code in my Group descriptions as well.

Comment

I actually patched group.php and added some plugins to handle this.

I'll find out if I can release the patches. I'm still a bit confused as to why this is not default behaviour. It didn't take all that long to implement.
      Zingzam
      Smarter online communities. Smarter you.

Comment

If you raise it as an Improvement Request in JIRA and post the code changes you've made, it will be implemented a lot quicker into the default code (if accepted that it should be in it).
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
        - "Quick Route" Interface...
        - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Has any progress been made with this issue, I can't seem to find it as a suggestion in the tracker? From searching the forums, this has been an ongoing request since 2008 and it's still not implemented in 4.1.1 - I'm sure it would be welcomed by quite a few people.

Comment

Originally posted by aus_dave View Post
            Has any progress been made with this issue, I can't seem to find it as a suggestion in the tracker? From searching the forums, this has been an ongoing request since 2008 and it's still not implemented in 4.1.1 - I'm sure it would be welcomed by quite a few people.
            I am with Aus_dave on this, this would be a realy good idea to have this and you can let people add web links. It is needed. To bad nobody made a mod for this only for the older version i see. 3.x

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X