Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I add a thumbnail and a summary field to an article?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwin Brown
    replied
    Sorry, I'm not in a position to answer that question. I would say weeks not months, since it's in active development.

Leave a comment:

• shutterfreak
    replied
    I'm looking forward to this!

Any idea on the release that should contain this enhancement?

Leave a comment:

• Edwin Brown
    replied
    Check back later- I'm not sure what's up. Anyway, we're redoing the edit interface and we're adding the ability to set the preview text and preview image manually.

Leave a comment:

• shutterfreak
    replied
    Originally posted by Edwin Brown View Post
    I would suggest before you do a lot of work you look at http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8391. There's currently a mistake in the status- this isn't completed but it is in process. I expect to get the status corrected today.
    Thanks for this info!

However I get an access error (permission violation) on that ticket
    Last edited by shutterfreak; Thu 16 Sep '10, 7:40am.

Leave a comment:

• Edwin Brown
    replied
    I would suggest before you do a lot of work you look at http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8391. There's currently a mistake in the status- this isn't completed but it is in process. I expect to get the status corrected today.

Leave a comment:

• shutterfreak
    replied
    I see.

Then I'd probably have to start from Edwin Brown's blog post about adding custom content types.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    This would require modifying the code which we can't support.

Leave a comment:

• How can I add a thumbnail and a summary field to an article?

Is there a way to add a thumbnail and a summary field (not the first 120 characters) to an article? The use case is to allow previews with the thumbnail (if available) and the content summary in the sections, and to show the full content only on the article page itself.

Any suggestions?