Putting VB4 inside a wordpress theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Putting VB4 inside a wordpress theme

Hi there. I'd like my vbulletin4 to sit inside the theme of my wordpress blog/pages.

Can someone assist me, as the search throws up outdated vb3/2 stuff.

thanks
    It's an omen...

Not worth it. Best off taking the header and footer from wp and recreating them in vb. I presume you are just after the look and not to wp engine. If so then all you need is the additional css and html from your wp footer and header - no php.

Comment

Originally posted by punchbowl View Post
      Not worth it. Best off taking the header and footer from wp and recreating them in vb. I presume you are just after the look and not to wp engine. If so then all you need is the additional css and html from your wp footer and header - no php.
      Yeah, its only really the 'look' im after. Nothing more.

Is there any guides or step by step ways of displaying this? I'm not all that familiar with vb4 yet. cheers.
      It's an omen...

Comment

Not really no. You have a header and footer template in vb - if you open any wp in firefox then highlight the header parts of the page then view selection source - you can basically paste that straight into the header. It won't work perfectly at first. It may not work at all but you are on your way.

You'll need to know a bit of html at least.

Comment

Aah, ok. so the templates in vb4 are the same as in vb3. I'll experiment.
          It's an omen...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbook View Post
            Aah, ok. so the templates in vb4 are the same as in vb3. I'll experiment.
            You certainly will!

Remember that you wp theme will have it's own css. You'll need to either call that or include it in the vb css. Best place is in the additional css template.

Have fun!

Comment

I know this is a super bump, but I know a lot of people are having/had this problem.

Here is what I did...

1) Remove vB header template contents completely.
              2) As guy suggested above, copy header of Word Press via selection source in Firefox.
              3) Paste selection (html) into vB header template.
              4) Adjust forum dimensions, style, etc... to match your header.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X