X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Sally
    replied
    Originally posted by Videx View Post
    You can try. But I don't think so. Do a Google search for e.g. "html display image". Pick one that looks promising - the first result I see leads to w3schools.com and a very clear explanation of how to do it (I could just tell you, but then you won't learn).

Your next question (which you haven't asked yet) is a bit trickier. How do I center the image? If you Google "html center" be very careful and note that a lot of the results have been deprecated. However, http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/linepar/_CENTER.html explains the old and the new way of doing it, and you may as well get used to the new way from the start.
    Thank you so much for the reply and resources.

Leave a comment:

• Videx
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang Sally View Post
    If I put a path to an image in the ad HTML box, will it show the image?
    You can try. But I don't think so. Do a Google search for e.g. "html display image". Pick one that looks promising - the first result I see leads to w3schools.com and a very clear explanation of how to do it (I could just tell you, but then you won't learn).

Your next question (which you haven't asked yet) is a bit trickier. How do I center the image? If you Google "html center" be very careful and note that a lot of the results have been deprecated. However, http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/linepar/_CENTER.html explains the old and the new way of doing it, and you may as well get used to the new way from the start.
    Last edited by Videx; Sat 18 Sep '10, 8:45am.

Leave a comment:

• steven s
    replied
    Originally posted by Videx View Post
    You need to be able to write some simple code to admin a forum. Nothing you can't find with a quick web search. Yes, you can insert images. I use Rotating Banner System to rotate my images. Read the whole thread; you'll learn a lot.
    WOW. I just downloaded OpenX but I think this may just do the job. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang Sally
    replied
    If I put a path to an image in the ad HTML box, will it show the image?

Leave a comment:

• Videx
    replied
    You need to be able to write some simple code to admin a forum. Nothing you can't find with a quick web search. Yes, you can insert images. I use Rotating Banner System to rotate my images. Read the whole thread; you'll learn a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang Sally
    replied
    I don't know code! Is there a basic code out there that I can just change the names? What about images, can you insert an image?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If you use AdminCP > Advertising > Add New Ad, you can enter the code here. As long as you can write some basic HTML, you can place your ad using these screens.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang Sally
    started a topic [Forum] Setting up ads

Setting up ads

Could someone please point me in the right direction on how to set up ads? Do I need to know any type of coding to this?

Thank you.