Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Forum dead after 3.8 -> 4.0.6 upgrade - Unable to add cookies

Hi,

Just just got round to upgrading to 4.0.6... unfortunately after the upgrade i can no longer login to get to the admincp (or anything else for that matter.

Their are two errors at the top of the page:

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: album_all_navbar_link in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3984

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: album_all_quick_links in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3984

Then in the main body of the page i get a:

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/tsn/domains/tyresmoke.net/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php
    Line: 4551

Any ideas?

never mind, added this :

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

to config.php and all is well again... must be an addon causing trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by tagthis View Post
      never mind, added this :

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

to config.php and all is well again... must be an addon causing trouble.
      Bingo

Anytime you see this message or similar:

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class

It's simply a mod that needs to be updated for vBulletin 4. You can disable each mod one by one if you remove the line from the config file to test and see which one it is, from what I read it's a modification that dealt with your albums in vB3 so disable any mods that "enhanced" or used your member albums before you decided to upgrade .
      Last edited by TheLastSuperman; Wed 8th Sep '10, 9:39am.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
      Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
      Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
      Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

Comment

Actually, you should have completely uninstalled all your vb3 mods before upgrading. Not just from AdminCP, but all the uploaded files also. None of them will work in vb4, and having them around will just cause trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Videx View Post
          Actually, you should have completely uninstalled all your vb3 mods before upgrading. Not just from AdminCP, but all the uploaded files also. None of them will work in vb4, and having them around will just cause trouble.
          Not true, disabling them is fine, some may work with vBulletin 4.0. Also some addons have upgrade paths, uninstalling them would remove any old data. Please be careful when giving out advice about third party addons.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
            Not true, disabling them is fine, some may work with vBulletin 4.0. Also some addons have upgrade paths, uninstalling them would remove any old data. Please be careful when giving out advice about third party addons.
            Can you actually name one that has an upgrade path from vb3 to vb4 that preserves some sort of data? I have no doubt that as vb4 matures some mods may gain this capability. But so far, and especially in threads like this, I stand by what I said. Too many people have too many mods and they've forgotten what most of them entail. Thread after thread here is old mods interfering with upgrades, and that won't happen if they are uninstalled completely prior. Then as you add back the vb4 versions of needed ones one by one, if one causes trouble you can spot it.

Comment

v3arcade, vBadvanced's products, the thanks hack, etc.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X