HTML list tags not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] HTML list tags not working

I am creating some static HTML pages on my CMS (vBulletin 4.0.5). In order to create bullet points on a part of the page, I have done the following:

<ul>
    <li>1</li>
    <li>2</li>
    <li>3</li>
    <li>4</li>
    </ul>

But this comes out as:

So, I guess vBulletin is not recognising the <ul> tag. Is this the case? Has anyone else had this problem?

Mostly, though, how do I get my bullet points?

Cheers,
    A

PS All other HTML tags I've tried work, including: <form> <p> <a href> <br/>
    Last edited by aethelstan; Fri 3 Sep '10, 7:07am. Reason: additional information on version number

That html gives me a bulleted list in both my 4.0.5 and 4.0.6 test site. Are you viewing it using a totally default vbulletin style or a custom style?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

So, can you think of a reason why it doesn't work on mine?

I'm using Google Chrome, Windows Vista.

Comment

It depends on your style. Some styles may remove the list indicator via CSS.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by aethelstan View Post
          So, can you think of a reason why it doesn't work on mine?

I'm using Google Chrome, Windows Vista.
          Like I asked - are you using a default style or a custom style? If using a custom style, then yes I can think of reasons why it won't work - because the style wasn't upgraded and may be missing some needed CSS.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

I'm using the default styles - I haven't had time to touch it yet. Can I override them to force a bullet style?

Comment

If you are using a default style, no modifications, and all default files, then it should work for you. You can put in a support ticket and we can take a look at the issue for you.

Comment

On a fresh install (~6 hours old) I'm seeing this same problem. Default style, not an upgrade.

Comment