XML Sitemap problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] XML Sitemap problem

Rebuilt sitemap I don't know how many times, path in XML SItemap settings is correct and folders sitemaps and store_sitemap is set to 777. When I submit the sitemap in Google Webmasters I get the red cross straight away.

I've went from having over 1k pages indexed to just over 300, and falling, in a week.

What is going on vBulletin? If this is a bug then I'm absolutely astounded that you have no intention of providing a remedy until 4.1 as I have read on here.

If that is the case then let me know so that I can make arrangements to use another forum solution before my site is completely killed.

Same thing here. Really unbelievable. One of the 2 things that has stopped me from buying another license for a couple more sites.
    sigpic
    My Blog

Comment

I'm having the same problem I've looked for and answer since it started for me in 4.0.4 with no help.
      Uberforces

Comment

Without website traffic the vbulletin forum, and any other website for that matter, is rendered utterly useless.

I cannot believe that VB refuse to address this issue.

It's like having a business in the middle of the Amazon Rainforest and not providing potential customers with directions on how to find you. What is the point?

That's how ridiculous this is and I would suspect VB will lose hundreds of customers before anything is done about it. Having the ability to submit a working sitemap is a fundamental requirement to operating any website online. Why this is being overlooked by VB is beyond me, truly shambolic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammatime View Post
          Without website traffic the vbulletin forum, and any other website for that matter, is rendered utterly useless.

I cannot believe that VB refuse to address this issue.

It's like having a business in the middle of the Amazon Rainforest and not providing potential customers with directions on how to find you. What is the point?

That's how ridiculous this is and I would suspect VB will lose hundreds of customers before anything is done about it. Having the ability to submit a working sitemap is a fundamental requirement to operating any website online. Why this is being overlooked by VB is beyond me, truly shambolic.
          I agree. I wish I had not purchased this and rebuilt my entire site. I wanted to buy this for 3 more sites once I learned it with the site I put it on but that's not gonna happen.
          I am very disappointed.
          Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
          Have you tried raising a ticket so tht staff can look at it on your site directly?
          I don't see that doing any good according a lot of stuff I have read here in the forum. There is a sticky post about it that pretty much says it don't work but some times you might get lucky.
          sigpic
          My Blog

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X