Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Find all posts by user - not showing latest user posts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Find all posts by user - not showing latest user posts.

Using "Find all Posts" for a user or using the Advanced Search to find posts by user is not showing their latest posts. It's like the search index is always a few days to a week or two behind. Find all threads seems to be working OK.

Using vB 4.0.4 and also tried vB 4.0.6

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz
    SpankMe
    Kiwi Biker
    SV Portal

Where are you performing this search at? If you're doing it on the advanced search page then make sure you sort by date descending and not relevancy.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

The "List all Posts" on the user profile as well as "Advanced Search - Search Single Content Type" which "Last Posting date" "in Descending Order" is the default anyway.
      SpankMe
      Kiwi Biker
      SV Portal

Comment

It also only effects some users. Any ideas?
        SpankMe
        Kiwi Biker
        SV Portal

Comment

No, they are in a searchable forum.
          SpankMe
          Kiwi Biker
          SV Portal

Comment

Example:
            http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1129851761

Click the username on the above linked post, then View Forum Posts, and that post is not listed, but go back to the thread and do the same for the post below it, and it is listed. It's like some posts are just not being indexed.

I've enabled search for guests for a few days.
            SpankMe
            Kiwi Biker
            SV Portal

Comment

Looks like I'm not the only one with this problem.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...by-member-name

For now I'm having to rebuild the post search index for the posts made in the last 24 hours, once a day.
              SpankMe
              Kiwi Biker
              SV Portal

Comment

Anyone have a fix for this? "Find all posts" by user is not correct, does not have latest posts in there. I have the same issue.

Comment

No, you're not the only one.. I do too

Running my board since 2003 when I searched my posts and ended up with 30 some posts from 2004 and thats about it
                  To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
                  My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
                  CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
                  Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

mine works, its just not up to date.. I can post a reply but it doesnt show up in the results for a few hours. I want that to be instantly updated. I dont like the slow response time to this issue either. This software is paid, they should hop to it and answer these questions quickly.

Comment

I am having the same issue with Version 4.0.7. It works fine for some members' posts, and others only show their latest post.

Dexter...

Comment

Just upgraded from 4.0.4PL1 to 4.0.7 and the problem seems to have gone away.
                        SpankMe
                        Kiwi Biker
                        SV Portal

Comment

Good for you.. Mine still around even after upgrading

Done deleting search index and recreating it
                          Done user post count update

I still don't get all my post and on another Admin account it shows 0 posts
                          To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
                          My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
                          CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
                          Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

Originally posted by themagicm View Post
                            mine works, its just not up to date.. I can post a reply but it doesnt show up in the results for a few hours. I want that to be instantly updated. I dont like the slow response time to this issue either. This software is paid, they should hop to it and answer these questions quickly.
                            It's the cache time. Lower it down but don't set it to do instant updates or you'll be banging the H**L out of your database as it updates each and every post and thread in real time. Your queries will go out the roof.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X