XML Sitemap wrong date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] XML Sitemap wrong date

Ok so since upgrading to 4.0.6 PL1 the sitemaps are broken. It now pulls data from forums which act as a category, in which have no post so the last post time was set to 0 which returns the following date <lastmod>1969-12-31T18:00:00-06:00</lastmod>

I have tried to set a date to those forums which makes the new post marker light up and then when you click that it causes a new error. I would just turn it off but this is one my site generates traffic. I would submit a support ticket but since I have a forum only licence I cant. That part makes me mad since this software is so buggy I have to find my own answers. I saw the post in the tracker but there is nothing about a fix and I do not feel I should wait for another version.

I do have to give it to you guys 4.0.6 RC(PL)1 was by far the best version I have installed for this Gold software.

Can some one help with the sitemap error as it is my only show stopper.

My statements are based on the forums not the CMS as I do not and will not use it.
    If I wanted faulty software I would code it my self. When I pay I expect to get what is advertised. I do not feel I got what I paid for.
    In an honest opinion I feel I paid for vB 5.0 beta 7

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    I said I saw the post in the tracker, however there is no better answer there then it is here. So what was the point in pointing me there.
    I don't even understand why you would post that when I said I saw that. I do not feel that waiting till 4.1 to fix my software for something so important is best. This is my google maps and it is messing up my traffic. It is in fact killing my google traffic. I can not believe you guys want me to wait till the end a few months to fix this. Some kind of support team you have here.

Is that the plan to see how much damage you can do to one site?

Any helpful answers would be great.

I am starting to get sick of paying for beta software. I paid for this to software to work. Vb4 is just about killing my site. It has really went down hill since the 4.0 upgrade. I have kept my mouth shut and sucked it up but I am loosing patience after a year of paying for this software and still have issues.
    Last edited by BBR-APBT; Thu 2nd Sep '10, 8:32am.
    My statements are based on the forums not the CMS as I do not and will not use it.
    If I wanted faulty software I would code it my self. When I pay I expect to get what is advertised. I do not feel I got what I paid for.

Comment

The point is that it is a confirmed bug in the software. We cannot provide you with a solution until the bug is fixed. That is currently slated to be in 4.1. Wish we could give a better answer but we do not have a solution for you at this time.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

So what am I supposed to do now? Wait till next year to fix my search engine traffic?

My page rank has dropped one whole point since this started a week ago.

I wish I never bought this software things such as this nature should have all hands on. When you mess with something such as search engine traffic that we have spent years to build up and you take just days to tear down. Thanks so much vbulletin. Another quality support thread by your staff.

Sad what this company has came to. I am loosing all faith in you guys.

Comment

Like I said, I wish I had a better solution for you. All I can suggest is post in that bug report and get your information out there. Possibly it could be fixed soon but I doubt it. However 4.1 is scheduled to be released this year, not next. Hopefully within the next couple of months. Again not the solution you want to hear but support has no way of fixing this issue at this time.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Even still a couple of months, do you know what that will do to my site traffic?
            You make the whole team sound like their new to coding. There is nothing you can do not even look into the problem?

Sad for support to say there is nothing they can do. Is that how you feel about the other 500 bugs. There is nothing you can do to fix them either is that why you are adding new features instead of fixing the bugs. Why should I pay for support for a forum only licence. Should I pay to get told to wait a few months and it would get fixed. If I took my car back to the dealer because there is a oil leak should they tell me to wait a few months. This is bull****.

If you follow the same path as before this will not be fixed till vb5.

This angers me more then any other bug. This is my traffic, traffic is what keeps my site going. I do know one thing for sure I will never buy another vBulletin licence again.
            I been using vBulletin for like 7 years and I am ready to look else where. Sadly my whole site runs from vbulletin. Sadly I will have to spend weeks to recode everything to work properly when I switch software. I am about done with this crap.

What IB is doing to vBulletin is a damn shame.

Comment

What makes you think that having some invalid URLs in your sitemap affects the other/valid URLs in that sitemap?
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                What makes you think that having some invalid URLs in your sitemap affects the other/valid URLs in that sitemap?
                It is a invalid date not url. Read before you question someone. Google denies the sitemap and says do not resubmit until the error is fixed.

So yeah it will not accept any new site maps which in return effects my site traffic as it now has to wait for google to come to it instead of sending data to google.
                Last edited by BBR-APBT; Thu 2nd Sep '10, 12:18pm.

Comment

Support technicians are not developers. We don't go digging through the code and have no authority to fix bugs or issues. We can confirm them and if they are not assigned to be fixed then work to get them assigned so they can get fixed. Even under the old management, you would have had to wait until the next version release to get a bug like this fixed. If it were a template edit or some option you could change within vBulletin, we would have posted the solution for you.

However if you go through the issue process, you might be able to get David to post the code fix as a diff file when it is actually fixed.

Wayne Luke

Comment

omg and I was bashing my head these days about this aaaaaaa Iam on vb4.0.4...thing that support told me to reupload original vb files...ect... was thinking to do that in few days as I dont have time, good that I saw this thread mine is trouble only in forums/xmlsitemap.php?fn=vbulletin_sitemap_forum_2.xml.gz In CMS, blog, and thread they are just fine
                    Last edited by goxy63; Mon 6th Sep '10, 9:22am.

Comment

still wrong date in 4.0.7, whole sitemap is f*****

Comment

The sitemap built in vb has not worked since 4.0.4 just disable it as I did, Too bad but their is no fix as of yet.
                        Uberforces

Comment

Originally posted by =abvolt= View Post
                          The sitemap built in vb has not worked since 4.0.4 just disable it as I did, Too bad but their is no fix as of yet.
                          there is a very easy fix listed in the bug report. Just update the categories last post date to the current unix date stamp.

Comment

Did you tell him that that each category will light up like it has a post in it, And you can not make that new looking post disappear so the categories you set the unix date stamp in will always have new post icons. So all your members start emailing you saying I can not see the new post.

I already mentioned this is not a proper fix.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X