Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT.... Users cannot connect to my site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• term2
    replied
    It appears that because im on a shared hosting, a lot of other sites on the same IP cannot be accessed either by the same users.

As one of the sites on the same IP is a XXX site with some questionable content, maybe the service provider for these users has blocked this IP

Leave a comment:

• 238mph
    replied
    Originally posted by NittoMOD View Post
    You lost me there. I thought you said users were able to access your website except for a few who were not able to? If they are on a wireless setup, it is an issue with them and not with your website.
    I'm thinking they are all using the same wi-fi router in his building... that's why I suggested turning off the "strikes" system in admincp...

Did I win anything???

Leave a comment:

• 238mph
    replied
    Admincp>settings>options>general settings> say no to the strikes system. save.

Leave a comment:

• NittoMOD
    replied
    Originally posted by term2 View Post
    I have asked some users to try and connect via their mobile phones.

Im getting that they cant connect on WI-FI but can connect on 3G
    You lost me there. I thought you said users were able to access your website except for a few who were not able to? If they are on a wireless setup, it is an issue with them and not with your website.

Leave a comment:

• 238mph
    replied
    I had this problem... all it took was one user to fail his password 5 times and it locked the system for 15 mins... if they are all coming in from the same IP address it will lock them all out... so u need to go into admincp and turn off... somebody help me... I forget the setting, but it times out after 5 tries like it's being attacked... it's in admincp, at the top....

Leave a comment:

• term2
    replied
    I have asked some users to try and connect via their mobile phones.

Im getting that they cant connect on WI-FI but can connect on 3G

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Will have a try at updating the site software and see how that goes, failing that I will submit a ticket.

Thanks for your time.
    No problem

Some users are reporting " i am just getting a connection closed by remote server error " and some are just hanging on a blank page
    Can you ask those users to check TCp/IP properties in their pc''s to ensure that they are using automatic connection and not a proxy?

P.s. You might want to contact your host as well about this.

Leave a comment:

• term2
    replied
    Some users are reporting " i am just getting a connection closed by remote server error " and some are just hanging on a blank page

Leave a comment:

• term2
    replied
    At the moment its about 10 users that I know about, not sure how many more it is affecting.

Leave a comment:

• NittoMOD
    replied
    Originally posted by borbole View Post
    I can''t reproduce that. I load your forum fine with all the major browsers. Did you do any modification to your forum prior to that happening btw? You can submit a support ticket as well so the vb staff can look deeper into this.

P.s. A bit off topic, but I saw that you are running vb 4.0.4. It would be best to keep your forum up to date with the latest version as several security issues and lots of bugs have been fixed since the version you are having.
    I tried as well and everything worked fine. Maybe it was a server glitch or the users have a local issue.

Leave a comment:

• term2
    replied
    Will have a try at updating the site software and see how that goes, failing that I will submit a ticket.

Thanks for your time.

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    They have both tried IE8 and Firefox

www.nzbportal.co
    I can''t reproduce that. I load your forum fine with all the major browsers. Did you do any modification to your forum prior to that happening btw? You can submit a support ticket as well so the vb staff can look deeper into this.

P.s. A bit off topic, but I saw that you are running vb 4.0.4. It would be best to keep your forum up to date with the latest version as several security issues and lots of bugs have been fixed since the version you are having.

Leave a comment:

• term2
    replied
    They have both tried IE8 and Firefox

www.nzbportal.co

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    I have a problem and hopefully you maybe able to help.

I have a few users that simply cannot connect to my site, thay had been logged on earlier in the day, but now just get a blank screen when trying to connect.

They both can ping the sites URL, flushed their DNS and tried with http://www. and just http://

I have gone through my settings and cannot see anything out of order.

Any help would be most appreciated as both these users are my main moderators.

Thanks.
    What browser are they are using? Can you post here the link to your forum as well?

Leave a comment:

• term2
    started a topic [Forum] URGENT.... Users cannot connect to my site.

URGENT.... Users cannot connect to my site.

I have a problem and hopefully you maybe able to help.

I have a few users that simply cannot connect to my site, thay had been logged on earlier in the day, but now just get a blank screen when trying to connect.

They both can ping the sites URL, flushed their DNS and tried with http://www. and just http://

I have gone through my settings and cannot see anything out of order.

Any help would be most appreciated as both these users are my main moderators.

Thanks.