How can I change my Recent Forum Post widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] How can I change my Recent Forum Post widget

The widget appears with the recent post twice as seen in the attachment. How can I change the first, bolded text, to the thread title and leave the snippet of their post as the second listed text?

Thanx

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	3718603

I have the same issue. I came with the 4.0.1 -> 4.0.7 upgrade for me...

Comment

Maybe it can't be done

Comment

I'm just replying off the top of my head, but check the template for the cms widget

Are you sure it's the recent forum post widget? I can't seem to find the corresponding code; I was going to say edit the vbcms_widget_recentposts_page template, but, it seems that it's not showing what you are seeing there.
        Shamil.
        Last edited by Shamil.; Thu 23 Sep '10, 2:31pm.
        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
        vBulletin Hosting and Services
        Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Thanx Shamil - I'm using the "Recent Forum Post" widget and when I open the configure window this is what I see...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	2
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	3680138

Comment

The *name* of that widget is Recent Forum Posts, but the type is a General Search widget. You should not be using that type, but instead use the later type of widget type "Recent Posts" for your Recent Posts widget (introduced around 4.0.3 or so?).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thank you Lynne... that's much better

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X