CMS and Paid Subscriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] CMS and Paid Subscriptions

I am going to setup a new membership site where people have to pay for access to the forums. This will be a training program where I am going to use subscriptions accordingly. I will post articles and videos accordingly.

Now the question I have is: by using paid subscriptions I can lockdown access to specific forums and only allow paying members to access these forums. I am considering to upgrade my license to also get the CMS and Blogs. Can those be locked down as well by using the same paid subscriptions? Or am I better of in getting something like aMember and hide the entire vBulletin Publishing Suite behind the aMember script?

If I can only show certain parts of the CMS and hide the majority of the articles and blogs by using paid subscriptions within vBulletin itself that would be preferred.
    Web Hosting Rebates
    The Web Hosting Resource Kit - Free hosting related articles and tutorials

I haven't personally used the subscriptions to lock down different parts of the CMS and Blogs, but the options are there for only certain usergroups to have access in whole or in part to them (read and/or write).

Comment

very easy

make a vip group (base it on registered users for permissions)
      add a paid subscription, set it so vip gets added the the users secondary usergroup
      then set the appropriate permissions for your vip forums/articles etc

Comment

It's really no different than forums. You create a usergroup for subscribed and set CMS permissions as you choose for that group or any other.

edit: Dang, punchbowl, exact same posting time!
        Last edited by nakedanvil; Sat 28th Aug '10, 2:38pm. Reason: dang punchbowl beat me!

Comment

Thanks everyone Exactly the answer I was hoping to get. I appreciate it.
          Web Hosting Rebates
          The Web Hosting Resource Kit - Free hosting related articles and tutorials

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X