Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

top admin - cannot delete own blog entry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Blog] top admin - cannot delete own blog entry?

LOL this seems a bit odd...

I'm the top layer admin on my site, and just went to delete one of my own blog entries as it is no longer relevent to the site.

I clicked the edit button next to the title. I then selected the 'delete' button, filled in the information/reason (soft delete, as I may bring it back at a later date), and then clicked the 'delete post' button.

I was then presented with the following:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    I have checked my own permissions.

Within the ACP, when I check Usergroups > Administrator permissions > MyName > Edit Permissions:
    All are set to yes.

Within the ACP, when I check VBulletin Blog > Blog Moderators > MyName > Edit Permissions:
    All are set to yes.

Within the ACP, when I check Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Administrators > Edit Usergroup:
    All are set to yes (aside from email stuff)

However, I can physically delete content without any issue (as I just discovered by hard-deleting the entry I had wanted to soft-delete)
    VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
    No Addons - none at all.

What version are you running? I just soft-deleted a blog entry on my 4.0.6 test site just fine.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

406... i'll check without any plugins... though i can't see why they'd affect a standard function.
      VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
      No Addons - none at all.

Comment