Users IP Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Users IP Address

Question I have been getting about 5 prank user registrations per day. I do go to my Host and ban the IP address and also add it onto the Vbulletin IP Banned list. I now have about 100 banned IP addresses I wondered how can this kid get so many IP addresses so this morning I had three more I went to the IP address listed and changed it in his registration and saved it and it saved the change so now I figure..... this person just registers then edit his IP address line to a fake one so I most likely baned 100 fake IP addresses.

Is there away to actually know the real IP address of someone that registers as a new user?

OK I just registered as a new user and now I see they can not change their IP address. So my question is the format is the same for this fake new user 5 times per day how can he have access to 100 different places to log in and register isn't every IP address different and from your log in point?

Comment

Indeed. There are like a million proxies out there.

Comment

Stop banning IP addys! You'll end up banning lots of potential good members, since a lot of addys are shared. Change your q&a, enable new member moderation for a while. Use both Miserable Users and Multiple account login detector (AE Detector).

Comment

ACP > Users > Search for IP
          I think I've worn mine out. I'm a suspicious person by nature so I check every one of the new sign ups using this.
          Also I'd look in the templates and remove or lock out changes to that field they seem to be able to change. They have you jumping through hoops you shouldn't have to bother with.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X