No announcement yet.

Guest can't reply in CMS comments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Guest can't reply in CMS comments.

Hello.

In ACP, I'm sure that all permission is just okay.

Of course I put the guest permission to enable for read and create for each sections.
    But they can't see the editor box of the comments and reply either. Only guest can see other comments.

Members is no problem to see and reply comments.

My goal is to enable our guest to reply their comments.

What is the problem to me? I need your help.

Thanks.

Article comments are actually stored in a hidden forum. To enable guests to comment they need permission to reply to threads in that forum.

Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions. Edit the Unregistered / Not Logged In group for the CMS Comments forum. Give them permission to reply to Other's Threads.

In the CMS Permissions, you should not allow them to Create Content in your CMS though. This means they can create articles.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you, Wayne.

That works for me now. But guest editor is possible only text mode, isn't it?
      Unfortunately but guest still can't reply in the tail editor box of CMS, but they must go to Comment Forum to reply to one's article. That is not good.

Now, this an another issue is that I posted already, in our CMS navbar menu is recursive when I click certain menu.
      You may confirm it now at here, http://www.wavero.net what states of Navbar menu is gone repeatedly unless member is not log-in.

I upgrade this site from 4.0.3 to latest 4.0.6.

I can't figure out at all what is wrong and where is it problems. At first I doubt it should be relative with guest permission of CMS and this Forum permission that prevent guest reply a comment to other's article.

However, I'm going to know as your teaching above that my thought was wrong.
      I already report this issue http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8472, but there is no any concern.

Regards of my report, I think that is very specific case not common, however now that is apparently an issue for me what should be repair, because of I ran upgrade it from 4.0.3 to 4.0.6 very smoothly without any kind of problems, but the result shows an unexpected menu issues.

What do you think about that, do you have any kind of clue about it?
      Last edited by LoveStream; Thu 26 Aug '10, 11:02am. Reason: after comment test as guest

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        Article comments are actually stored in a hidden forum. To enable guests to comment they need permission to reply to threads in that forum.

Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions. Edit the Unregistered / Not Logged In group for the CMS Comments forum. Give them permission to reply to Other's Threads.

In the CMS Permissions, you should not allow them to Create Content in your CMS though. This means they can create articles.
        I tried this, but guest comments are not posting. Please help.

Comment

Is there any way to set it up like Wordpress where a guest's comments show up after the article and not in a separate forum?

Comment

They do show up in the articles.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
              They do show up in the articles.
              Steve, but in order for them to show up in the articles, the VBCMS forum has to be enabled, correct? If so, is there a way to enable that forum but hide it from members and guests?

Comment

Yes, all comments must be stored in the vBCMS forum. There is no other way at this time.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, does that forum have to be visible to members and guests?

Comment

It is hidden by default, but people can access it if they know the URL.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                    X