Section widget links don't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Section widget links don't work

1. Section Navigation Widget. This widget allows you to go to different sections. The "plus icon" means that this section has sub-sections. Clicking on the "plus icon" will display the sub-sections

I have noticed when clicking on any thing in there it won't take me anywhere, I have to click on the sections from navbar instead... I am not sure if this just happened or it's been like that.

When on vB.com they do work but not on mine
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Create a new style with no parent:
    • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
    • Parent Style: No Parent Style
    • Title: Default vBulletin
    • Allow User Selection: Yes
    • Save

Set this default style as the style on your CMS and now see if you still have the same problem.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

hello,

same for me, nothing appear in the section widgets since some updates, i have tried to create a new style and its the same

Click image for larger version

Name:	sanstitre2u.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	3679912

Comment

That section navigation widget has been broken for a while. Pay particular attention to how it does (or doesn't!) display sections to different user groups.

Comment

Lynne I did create a new one and still no go

one of my SMODs told me it works on IE but not on FF..

I am using FF now and it works here on vB.com
          My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Comment

I'd suggest someone make sure this is entered into the bug tracker so the devs can fix the widget.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

I double checked again,, and I even created a new style

Links work fine in IE8 but not in FF (though when I come to vB.com with FF they work)

Comment

Try removing any other widgets from the page and leaving only that one. Does it work then?

Otherwise, try putting in a support ticket.

Comment

I will try that and let you know

Thanks Lynne

Comment

removed all but that and still no go on FF even on different computers

Comment

FOUND IT

I was testing advertisements under Navbar ... Well, I deleted it and all seems to work now...

I had a <b> opened and didn't close it with </b> and that caused the issue and now the Advert. are back with code correction and all is good.

Comment

Glad you got it fixed.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X