Post editing scroll down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Post editing scroll down

I have a nonsense with my 4.0.6 !!! When i push the edit button, the page scrolls all the way down instead of coming back up to the editor??
    Anyone with the same problem????

Not sure if it as to do whit the floatcontainer or so???

Thanks

Editing a post?

Which browser are you seeing this in?

In FireFox 3.6.8 with vb 4.0.6 --- When I press 'Edit' on a post, the editor appears and the screen doesn't move.
    To be updated...

Comment

i'm using FF 3.6.8. Haven't check in IE tho! Really strange, the screen just refresh all the way down to the footer almost?!? From every post or template i tried, same thing happens. Now just noticed also that it does it when i click directly on a post from the forum page!
      Must be something really simple or i have a massif bug???

Comment

Originally posted by fxwoody View Post
        i'm using FF 3.6.8. Haven't check in IE tho! Really strange, the screen just refresh all the way down to the footer almost?!? From every post or template i tried, same thing happens. Now just noticed also that it does it when i click directly on a post from the forum page!
        Must be something really simple or i have a massif bug???
        I think if this was a bug in 4.0.6, we'd see a lot more complaints about this. Try another browser and see if it does the same thing. If it *does* do the same thing, then it could be a bug in your site.

So far, I cannot reproduce the 'jumpy' screen. I'll check the bug tracker too, seems to me that maybe this happened in an earlier version of VB4.. maybe not, can't remember. >:E
        To be updated...

Comment

Tks for your help ENF! Yep it does it also in IE!!
          Even the forum jump to the post is not aligning to the start of it

I'll check the bug tracker too, seems to me that maybe this happened in an earlier version of VB4.. maybe not, can't remember.
          I tried my luck in it too but ended up with nothing referring to this. Loll got to get use to this kind of research tho!

Tks again

Comment

I have the same problem on vB 4.0.8 PL2 with the default style too! How to fix?

Comment

Which browser? Does it happen on here when you try to edit your own post?
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

My site does similar.

When I click edit the browser scrolls down, but the cursor exists within the text box, so pressing any of the four direction /arrow keys takes the browser straight back to the edit window. When it jumps down, it doesn't go as far as the footer, but it does go down about half a page, meaning I'm left looking at my signature & the next post (if one exists).
                VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
                No Addons - none at all.

Comment

My post still stands...
                  Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                  -
                  *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                  - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X