Widgets Not Showing On Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Widgets Not Showing On Articles

I'm runing vb 4.05. I have these 120x600 banner widgets that you can see on the homepage here:

http://theandroidblog.com

I have them on the section that the articles are in but for some reason they aren't showing up. I have the same exact widget placed above the widget that shows the "Follow the Android Blog" text but as you can see it doesn't show up. What is the problem here?

http://theandroidblog.com/content/22...te-review.html

It looks like you have a different Layout applied to the Articles section. If you want that widget on that section, you need to add it to the layout there.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I do have it on that layout. I placed it right above the widget that shows the"following" text. But it just doesn't show up.

Comment

Are you sure? Those two pages you linked to definitely have different Layouts applied to them. They have different widgets on the right hand side.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Yes I am sure. I understand they have current layouts. I don't wasn't my articles to have the same layout as my homepage. But I'm using they same widget that shows the long banner on the homepage layout on top of the "follow" widget on the layout the articles are using. It just isn't showing up I don't get it.

Comment

Then I'd suggest putting in a support ticket and having us take a look at your admincp and cms settings.

Comment

It's a javascript issue. If you look at the section page (as it was showing just now, it may change in future) you see in Firefox a "Android After Dark" title, but that text isn't in the source code. It's put there by the javascript, and the javascript is the same on both pages. Look in the source code on the article page for "http://ads.theandroidblog.com/www/delivery" and you'll see that the javascript is on the page, it's just not rendering.
              Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Why would it be rendering on the section:
                http://theandroidblog.com/content/se...-articles.html

But not on the article within that section?
                http://theandroidblog.com/content/22...spa-phone.html

Comment

Very strange, I see the HTML code on your homepage but it's not displaying there either.

Could you try to invoke that zone in openx using the image code and try to insert that into the widget to see what happens? Also, can you confirm that you are using the Static HTML widget and a vb template that is just stripped of the normal surrounding box for the widget?
                  sigpic
                  Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

I switched it to the iframe invoke and that seems to have fixed it. Wonder what the issue was. I'm using the static html widget that is using the vbcms_widget_empty_frame template that has this in it:

<div align="center">{vb:raw static_html}</div>
                    Anyway its working so I think I'll leave it. Thanks!

Comment

I think Ed was on to something when he mentioned the javascript invocation. Glad to hear switching to iframe got it going for ya!
                      sigpic
                      Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X