Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne
    replied
    The site needs to provide a url for you to use as a feed.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang Sally
    replied
    Last question. Tweetchat/#gtchat doesn't have a rss icon, only my page does. How can I create a rss feed from the live chat to my site?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Yes, it is a separate url. I found mine by just going to my twitter page and it had a link on the right hand side that said RSS Feed.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang Sally
    replied
    http://tweetchat.com/room/gtchat

Would it be a separate url? One that's formatted for rss? If so, how do I find it?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang Sally View Post
    I'm trying to set up a feed from twitter and I'm getting this.

XML Error: not well-formed (invalid token) at Line 52

Can anyone explain what's wrong? Also when I hit configure, nothing happens. Running 4.0.6

Thank you in advanced.
    I just tried this with a twitter feed on my 4.0.6 test site and it worked just fine. Can you post the rss feed url?

Leave a comment:

• Mustang Sally
    replied
    I'm trying to set up a feed from twitter and I'm getting this.

XML Error: not well-formed (invalid token) at Line 52

Can anyone explain what's wrong? Also when I hit configure, nothing happens. Running 4.0.6

Thank you in advanced.

Leave a comment:

• Removed-836727
    replied
    You could try this: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ghlight=widget (It's horrible coded and not using any permission check, but it's working^^)

Leave a comment:

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    I dont believe the calendar has RSS feeds -- its pretty much the same calendar since vb2 but with a fresh coat of paint slapped on it.

Leave a comment:

• STORMS
    replied
    I figured out what makes it run somehow you have to copy the RSS link of the calendar, but I dont know where that is.

Any help on that? Also, thank you for your help so far!

Leave a comment:

• Edwin Brown
    replied
    1. Make sure you know what layout you are using. If you aren't sure, go to the section where you want this look and click on the edit pencil. That will show you the section edit page, which specifies the layout.
    2. Find an RSS Feed you like, and note the url.
    3. Go to admincp > vbulletin cms > widgets > create new widget. Select "Rss" widget type. Give it a name and save.
    4. Configure the widget you just created. Enter the URL from step 2. Save.
    5. Go to admincp > vbulletin cms > layouts. Select the layout from step 1. Drag the widget onto one of the columns. Save.

Your appearance will be slightly different from the page you reference, because they tweaked their template. If you would like to do that also there are a lot of references on how to adjust templates.

Leave a comment:

• STORMS
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    That just looks like they are using an RSS Feed widget.
    Not to sound like an ass, but could you go through the steps w/ me on how exactly to get that setup? I am running 4.0.4.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    That just looks like they are using an RSS Feed widget.

Leave a comment:

• STORMS
    started a topic [CMS] Does Anyone Know How They Did This?

Does Anyone Know How They Did This?

A Street Fighter site that I visit often has this calendar widget that shows upcoming (for that day) streams on their front page. I'm not an expert on this stuff, so I was wondering if anyone could walk me through how to get something basically exactly like this for mine.

Here's a screen shot:

Again, if anyone can walk me through the steps of getting this setup as is I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!