No announcement yet.

How do you remove orphaned album?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How do you remove orphaned album?

I have an album left over after deleting a user. It shows on the album page but cannot open it because the user doesn't exist.

Does anyone know how to remove an orphaned album after the album owner/user has been deleted?

Using Maintenance > Rebuild Recently Updated Albums, doesn't do it?

Would be nice if there were a Maintenance > Remove Orphaned Albums, the same as Remove Orphaned Posts/Threads.

Originally posted by dwkmi View Post
    I have an album left over after deleting a user. It shows on the album page but cannot open it because the user doesn't exist.

Does anyone know how to remove an orphaned album after the album owner/user has been deleted?

Using Maintenance > Rebuild Recently Updated Albums, doesn't do it?

Would be nice if there were a Maintenance > Remove Orphaned Albums, the same as Remove Orphaned Posts/Threads.
    I need to do this also!!
    My Football Forum

Comment

I would love to know how to do this. I thought that by deleting a user all aspects of that user would be deleted, but this is not the case. Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by dollster68 View Post
        I would love to know how to do this. I thought that by deleting a user all aspects of that user would be deleted, but this is not the case. Please help.
        This has to be sorted out ASAP as it is in-fact a privacy issue really. When users want their accounts deleted, they surely want all the personal information in the formof posts and photos they have uploaded, removed!!
        My Football Forum

Comment

I know this is old but has anyone figured this out?
          AllConsoleGamers (beta)

Comment

I have not tested this but it seems like it would work, recreate the user in the ACP, delete album, delete user.
            BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Lester View Post
              I have not tested this but it seems like it would work, recreate the user in the ACP, delete album, delete user.
              Thanks, John! I'll give it a try. I'll probably have to change the user ID via phpMyAdmin to "reassign" the album to the user and then hopefully delete it.
              AllConsoleGamers (beta)

Comment

Don't kill me but I am running 3.8.7 PL3. I didn't see this forum was for vB4. I apologize.
                AllConsoleGamers (beta)

Comment

using vb 4

i was
                  creating albums, upload fotos ok.

after some time, all albums was not work!
                  i cant enter into albums - always back to albums list page
                  i dont know what the problem.

today, i was update to 4.2 - and try to create album and upload foto - it's work ok!
                  but old albums dont work...

i cant remove it becouse i cant enter to they

does anybody know how to solve this trouble?

Comment

Okay, this is how I fixed my orphan albums issue. I changed the userid number in phpMyAdmin to a userid of an existing member. After that, I was able to delete or edit all albums that were previously orphan. I hope this help.
                    AllConsoleGamers (beta)

Comment

i cant delete my own albums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X