No announcement yet.

Can I flush the Datastore table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Can I flush the Datastore table?

Hi,

I have an incorrect image path in my datastore table, the trouble is can I flush these values out using vBulletin, or can I use phpMyAdmin. I cannot edit the field because it is too large to save.

A search shows that there are 3 incorrect values in the Datastore 'data' field - these are being shown on vBulletin 4 in the AdminCP panel. I updated the attachment path in the database attachment path, but vBulletin is reading it from the datastore table.

So, basically I need to force it to flush the old data..

Any help would be much appreciated.

Move attachments from Database to Filesystem then back, should help clear this otherwise post back.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

That seems like a big job if you have a lot of attachments. Take a dump of the table, then flush it and see if it rebuilds. If not just upload your dump of the table.
      sigpic
      Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

Well I fixed it now, thanks for the ideas though...

I couldn't change the attachments from filesystem to database, because the path was wrong to begin with in the datastore.

What I did was exported the datastore dump and made a copy. This caused the vBulletin to think it was missing an upgrade so the forum itself failed. I then edited the copy of the datastore with Notepad++ used the find and replace on the actual path. Then retried to import it but, I kept getting a duplicate key. So, I dropped the entire datastore table, because I had a dump of it anyway - and then tried a re-import.

This worked and fixed the path issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X