Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Do you have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• bf777
    replied
    Mine doesn't look like that. I see little red boxes for images that aren't showing up, and overall it looks nothing like the generator in that video. Perhaps it didn't install correctly when I upgraded?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Little red boxes? Try following the video instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...tyle-Generator

Leave a comment:

• bf777
    replied
    1. I click on "Style" Generator within the Admin CP.

2. The My Color Palette section contains little red boxes. It appears those images aren't showing up. When I click on each box, each one changes the color for the boxes located on the left.

3. However, when I try to save, nothing happens.

By add-ons, do you mean mods?

IBProArcade 2.7

Lower Breadcrumbs 1.1

Vbookie for VB4

Vbulletin Blog, CMS

VSa - Chatbox

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I cannot duplicate any of this. Please describe exactly what you are doing - step-by-step.

Also do you have any add-ons installed?

Leave a comment:

• bf777
    replied
    I'm having this same issue. Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• mitbar
    replied
    anybody?

Leave a comment:

• mitbar
    replied
    no parent style was selected.

Leave a comment:

• Peter_AUS
    replied
    Did you create a new style based on the default style and not make it a child of the default style? Or did you make it a child of the default style ?

Leave a comment:

• mitbar
    started a topic [Forum] style generator not working for me

style generator not working for me

I have a weird issue, when i go through the style generator and save a new style it wont show up when i click on it to preview the forum. instead it takes the existing style and changes a few things mainly the vb image and the nav link area. Other than those two areas nothing changes. Any ideas? Could it be for some reason the current style is saved under the default style? btw we did just upgrade to vb 4.0.6