Regenerate cache table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Regenerate cache table

I am trying to restore from a backup and the cache table is damaged. Is there anyway to regenerate this table?

Thanks

For the story: My backup was taken with phpmyadmin and is in utf-8. If I try to read the whole .sql file, it reads chinese. After testing I found that if I remove the cache table from the .sql file, it reads correctly. I restored the rest of the tables but it says it also needs the cache table. I tried restoring the cache table too, but it doesn't work as expected.

Two random tables that I checked (posts and sth else) are ok with valid data etc.

Here is what I get: http://www.foresterclub.gr/index.php
    Last edited by streamkid; Thu 12 Aug '10, 2:35am.

Easiest thing would be to restore the cache table then truncate it. (Delete all the records). Missing entries will be regenerated automatically. If you can get to admincp, clearing CMS Cache will do the same thing. If you have done that and the problem persists, create a suppport ticket.
    Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Brown View Post
      Easiest thing would be to restore the cache table then truncate it. (Delete all the records). Missing entries will be regenerated automatically. If you can get to admincp, clearing CMS Cache will do the same thing. If you have done that and the problem persists, create a suppport ticket.
      Did as advised, no result. Cache entries were created automatically, displayed result is the same (???? and some errors on top).

Opening a support ticket (and updating here in case some one ever has got into the same situation).

Comment

If you see ???? signs, that probably means, that your table encoding is incorrect (latin1 instead of utf-8 or whatever) for example and all international symbols there are shown as ????
        Check that via phpMyAdmin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X