Fatal Error after upgrade to 4.0.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Fatal Error after upgrade to 4.0.5

Just upgraded to 4.0.5 from 4.0.3 and now I can't open threads, I get this error message

Fatal error: Call to a member function query_read_slave() on a non-object in /home/mysite/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php(321) : eval()'d code on line 92

Anyone know why? Is this a common problem?

I've been using and installing/upgrading vbulletin for 6 years and not once have I ever encountered any problems... until now!

Originally posted by Hammatime View Post
    Just upgraded to 4.0.5 from 4.0.3 and now I can't open threads, I get this error message

Fatal error: Call to a member function query_read_slave() on a non-object in /home/mysite/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php(321) : eval()'d code on line 92

Anyone know why? Is this a common problem?

I've been using and installing/upgrading vbulletin for 6 years and not once have I ever encountered any problems... until now!
    After checking the line 321 of class_postibt.php, I suspect this error is thrown by a plugin.

PHP Code:
    ($hook vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('postbit_display_complete')) ? eval($hook) : false
    Did you disable all the plugins before the upgrade? Try to disable them one by one until you find the culprit. Or try to disable the plugin system by entering this code right under the starting php tag of the config.php file and see if the error will go away?

PHP Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Comment

Thanks mate.

I found the offending plugin and got a solution from the developer.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

Comment

You should really list the solution here for the benefit of future searchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammatime View Post
          Thanks mate.

I found the offending plugin and got a solution from the developer.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.
          No problem, you are welocme.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X