No announcement yet.

installation problem, dying for help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] installation problem, dying for help...

This morning I tried to upgrade from 3.8 to 4.05. I got to the final stages and then ran into some problems and I guess it didnt go through. I tried to upload 4.05 again and when I go to the upgrade.php i get this/install/upgrade_360.php

any help? Is there a way to keep upgrading without losing everything?

THANKS!!!
    Last edited by scrap19; Tue 10 Aug '10, 1:18pm.

Originally posted by scrap19 View Post
    This morning I tried to upgrade from 3.8 to 4.05. I got to the final stages and then ran into some problems and I guess it didnt go through. I tried to upload 4.05 again and when I go to the upgrade.php i get this http://www.musicboards.com/install/upgrade_360.php

any help? Is there a way to keep upgrading without losing everything?

THANKS!!!
    The link asks for the customer number to be entered. Can you post a screenshot of the error instead?

Comment

XML File Versions:

vbulletin-style.xml
      vbulletin-settings.xml
      vbulletin-language.xml
      vbulletin-adminhelp.xml

Your vBulletin version does not appear to match with the version for which this script was created (version 3.6.0 Release Candidate 3).
      Please ensure that you are attempting to run the correct script.
      If you are sure this is the script you would like to run, click here.

Last edited by scrap19; Tue 10 Aug '10, 1:18pm.

Comment

vBulletin 4.0 Upgrade System
        (Please be patient as some parts may take some time)

XML File Versions:

vbulletin-style.xml
        vbulletin-settings.xml
        vbulletin-language.xml
        vbulletin-adminhelp.xml

Your vBulletin version does not appear to match with the version for which this script was created (version 3.6.0 Release Candidate 3).
        Please ensure that you are attempting to run the correct script.
        If you are sure this is the script you would like to run, click here.

From what I have seen here this could be caused by the config.php file that doesn''t have the correct db prefix and/or the files aren''t overwritten properly.

Comment

where would I find the prefix? For some reason I cant login to myphp and this is driving me crazy! How can I make sure the files were over written properly?

Comment

ok finally got that to work....NOW i get to step 6/6 of the update...finalupgrade.php?step=5 and I click go to step 6, it loads then it goes to a black page with the admincp.

Here is what it says on the screen before I click "next" and then goes /admincp/index.php which is blank
            Updating style information for each style...
            • Default Style (vB3 Style - Incompatible) ... (Templates) (Stylevars) (Replacement Variables) (CSS) (Controls) Done.
            • Outside The Box (vB3 Style - Incompatible) ... (Templates) (Stylevars) (Replacement Variables) (CSS) (Controls) Done.
            • vB4 Default Style ... (Templates) (Stylevars) (Replacement Variables) (CSS) (Controls) Done.

Click the button on the right to proceed.
            vBulletin © 2010 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

What is causing this to go blank after i click next?

Comment

once it tries to go to the next step which is /admincp/index.php it says HTTP - 500 Internal Server Error

this is also true when I try to go to the main page, index.php

how do I fix this!!

Thanks for all your help

Comment

once it tries to go to the next step which is /admincp/index.php it says HTTP - 500 Internal Server Error

this is also true when I try to go to the main page, index.php

how do I fix this!!

Thanks for all your help

The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site's server but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is. So try to ask your host or submit a support ticket at your members area here so the staff can have a deeper look into this.

Comment