Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Threads not showing up for display???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] New Threads not showing up for display???

This is so strange and very scary that this is happening - as wouldn't have known unless a customer contacted us.

So even the user themselves are not able to see their own new posts whether logged in or not.

Its happening regardless of browser.

I myself, on my computer, all threads show up - but I am not seeing why.

Anyone have any ideas please?

If another computer is given the link to an actual thread - they instead will get our forum, but with the error message "invalid thread specified. if you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Have you looked in the database to see if the post is there? Are they getting any error when submitting the post? Do they see it in the thread when they submit it but just don't see it later when they go to look for it?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      Have you looked in the database to see if the post is there? Are they getting any error when submitting the post? Do they see it in the thread when they submit it but just don't see it later when they go to look for it?
      I can see it when I go to that forum section - I gave the client the link.
      Yes, the post is there - I can see it myself from this compute.
      No error when submitting.
      "Some computers" are not seeing - but mine is - but I'm not seeing a certain reason why. For example, my computer is an XP and I also tested with another XP and that one could not. I can see it using IE or FireFox etc, but on another computer with same web browser not.

Comment

Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
        Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
        define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thank you Lynne that brought me to what the issue is.

Our forum has all posts go live right away for all users - with no moderation.

But the user's posts were sitting in the moderation queue, which is why they were not showing. Didn't even think of that (am a newbie).

There was also a spam post sitting in there too, which may have been the result of the plugin to prevent spam.

As the users original post did get posted right away, and then the spammer posted which went to moderation, after that all of the user's posts also went to moderation - its like the plugin just moved all to moderation until the spam post had been dealt with. I'll now know to look at that in the future.
          Thank you again for your suggestions.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X