How to add an image identifying a certain type of user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How to add an image identifying a certain type of user

I have a lot of military on my site and I want them to have an icon next to their username if they so choose to join the 'military' usergroup. Can anyone help me with this?

TIA

Ranks would work, but it would add it to everyone in the usergroup. I think if you want to give them the choice, then you would have to create a User Profile field for "Do you want to have the rank show?" and then based on their selection, you would show it or not. This will require modifying the template, or writing a plugin. If you need help with that, you should post over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Cool. Thank you for your help!

Comment

I would just stick with a public usergroup (joinable) that is assigned the image and setup to override the default usergroup title / rank. You don't need to add any additional permissions to the group, just either set it to override entirely as their primary usergroup, which mimics the permissions, or turn everything off except for the override of user title, so it adds as an additional group.

Comment