X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daya009
    replied
    Hi,

Thanks for replay actully my site is running on vb4.0.1 and I also have new version of vb4.0.5 with new design and the database now I just want to update my database

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Originally posted by daya009 View Post
    Hello all,

What is the easy and secure way to transfer database from vb 4.0.1 to vb 4.0.5.

Thanks,
    Daya
    That is called upgrading your forum. Basically, all you have to do is put your forum off line, disable all your plugins and make first a thorough backup of your db and make sure that it is done properly. You can do that by restoring it at your test forum. Then you can proceed with upgrading first your test forum to see how things will go but this step is not necessary. It is simply a precaution move. Then if things go well, you can proceed with upgrading your live forum. Overwrite all your forum files with those from the vb 4.0.5 package (the files inside the Upload folder there) and then run the upgrader by going to www.yourforum.com/install/upgrade.php.

Replace www.yourforum.com with the actual url of your forum. Hope it helps.

Leave a comment:

• daya009
    started a topic [Forum] How to migrate database

How to migrate database

Hello all,

What is the easy and secure way to transfer database from vb 4.0.1 to vb 4.0.5.

Thanks,
    Daya
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X