Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Blog] Can't Post Comment to Blog as Admin

This is an odd one.

I'm an admin of my site, and unless a user's blog entry contains a comment from another user, I cannot post a comment. Other users seem immune to this issue.

Specifically, I can type the comment, but when I click "Post Reply" or "Go Advanced" nothing happens. If there's a comment already on the post, my response is posted.

I've looked at the HTML differences between posts and only stuff related to the comment - like the inline mod menu - appears to be different.

I've looked at the permissions for my two usergroups (admin and a group that's used primarily for a badge) and both allow commenting, so there's no odd setting there.

I'm using 4.0.5 and I believe this is a recent issue, though I think I was not on 4.0.4 for very long - it may have appeared then.

Anyone seen this? Know how to fix it?
    <b>Erik J. Barzeski</b>

Just tested something else - I disabled all plugins. Same result. I used the default skin - same result. Nothing happens when I try to post the first comment on a blog entry.

Everything else works. Just this is goofy.
    <b>Erik J. Barzeski</b>

Comment

I'm experiencing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Regs View Post
        I'm experiencing the same thing.
        Good. So it's not just me... Have you taken any steps to figure out what it is?
        <b>Erik J. Barzeski</b>

Comment

Yup:

Comment

Thanks for the link. I commented and am watching it now. Hopefully the issue can be resolved soon.

Thanks again.
            <b>Erik J. Barzeski</b>

Comment