Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with quick edit on posts after 4.0.5 upgrade ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Problem with quick edit on posts after 4.0.5 upgrade ?

Has anyone else had problems with editing posts after the upgrade ? when i click edit it just sits there and doesnt do anything, the little timer circle comes up when you click save but then it stays there. however the advanced edit works fine.
    The opinions expressed in forum posts are my own personal opinions and do not represent any companies that i am associated with.

Have you tried this on a totally default style? How about with all your modifications disabled? Have you run maintenance > diagnostics > suspect file versions to make sure you are running all default vbulletin files?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Ive just tested it with the default skin and it seems to work , what templates does this problem relate too ? i dont want to have to remake the entire skin yet again , ive had to do it every single update which is costing me time over and over again , Ive tried reverting the postbit template with no success.
      The opinions expressed in forum posts are my own personal opinions and do not represent any companies that i am associated with.

Comment

If I were to guess, since this appears to be a script issue, I'd start by looking in the headinclude template.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I'm also having this problem after the 4.0.6 upgrade. I've noticed that the quick edit hangs with IE and Chrome, but not with firefox.

PS: my headinclude template is unmodified in the current style

Comment

Revert your headinclude template ( even if its not previously been edited )

Comment

my headinclude has just been reverted, but unfortunately I'm still having the problem It's interesting that the issue also appears to be browser dependent...

Comment

Yes it worked for me fine in IE but not Firefox, headinclude was the only thing i had to do to get it working again so if you've already tried that im afraid im out of ideas. I found that even though the head include had never been edited it still needed to be reverted which was weird because the vbulletin upgrade should have merged the content of the template. so i basically deleted all content in the head inlude template , pressed save and then went and reverted it.

That worked on 4 of my forums at the time , havent had any issues since

Comment

FYI, I've reported this as a bug at http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8790

Comment

Just a thought , you have disabled the content cache and any other cache management mods like vb optimise and vb supercharged after you have reverted the header include ?

It might be a case of your browser cache or site cache holding the old template ?

Just a thought , not sure if that will help or not

Comment

Yes, that's worth a try -- I'm just using xcache though.

update: nope, unfortunately that didn't work either (clearing the cache after reverting the headinclude template)
                      Last edited by compuminus; Mon 30 Aug '10, 1:33pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X