Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Gattenby
    replied
    Doh... I realize that now. Soooo.. I am going to do a back up of the forum and then copy the upload folder to root. I will do a database back up also.

Leave a comment:

• punchbowl
    replied
    The contents of the upload folder go into the folder forum on your server. Don't upload the upload folder itself.

Leave a comment:

• Lee Gattenby
    replied
    The forum is working. Do I need to move the files from upload to root?

Leave a comment:

• punchbowl
    replied
    Originally posted by lee gattenby View Post
    no joy. The correct path is http://yourforumdirectory.com/forum/upload/install and not http://www.example.com/forum/install/upgrade.php like it says in the readme.html

this is the second time i had to figure it out on my own. The first was figuring out how to use impex (to which the installation instructions were also incomplete).
    stop!

I think you have two copies of stuff on your server. You shouldn't have an upload folder at all.

Leave a comment:

• Lee Gattenby
    replied
    No Joy. The correct path is http://yourforumdirectory.com/forum/upload/install AND NOT http://www.example.com/forum/install/upgrade.php like it says in the readme.html

This is the second time I had to figure it out on my own. The first was figuring out how to use impex (to which the installation instructions were also incomplete).

Leave a comment:

• Lee Gattenby
    replied
    Will do, I will double check that I download 4.0.5 (which it doesnt look that I did).

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    I did not say your path was wrong, I said it looked like you had not uploaded the 4.0.5 upgrade files. Try redownloading the 4.0.5 vB package and then upload all the files from that newly downloaded package (except save the config.php file to reupload) and run the upgrade script.

Leave a comment:

• Lee Gattenby
    replied

So, whats my install path ~forum/uploads/?

Thats not what your documentation is telling me.

Leave a comment:

• Lee Gattenby
    replied
    Originally posted by nakedanvil View Post
    First I've heard of anyone having that problem. The security is design to protect your board.

fyi: Friend of mine is really regretting moving to IPB, they have their own bunch of problems too.
    I agree, they have some coding isses. However none of them have a problem getting to their support forums.

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    Originally posted by Lee Gattenby View Post
    On a side note, I just wanted to let you know you gauntlets of security designed to protect your product from piracy are a real pain in the ass. Every time I try to get on a mod board or this one, I have to reset my password. I edit my profile and try to set up my passwords.. they dont take. AND YES, I HAVE MY MEMBERS PROFILE SET UP FOR THE CORRECT EMAIL ADDRESSES.

You guys need to fix this or I am going to IPB.
    First I've heard of anyone having that problem. The security is design to protect your board.

fyi: Friend of mine is really regretting moving to IPB, they have their own bunch of problems too.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    If you look at the upper right hand corner of your upgrade pages, you'll see your upgrade files are for 4.0.4, not 4.0.5. You should try reuploading the /install directory from the 4.0.5 download.

Leave a comment:

• Lee Gattenby
    replied
    On a side note, I just wanted to let you know you gauntlets of security designed to protect your product from piracy are a real pain in the ass. Every time I try to get on a mod board or this one, I have to reset my password. I edit my profile and try to set up my passwords.. they dont take. AND YES, I HAVE MY MEMBERS PROFILE SET UP FOR THE CORRECT EMAIL ADDRESSES.

You guys need to fix this or I am going to IPB.

Leave a comment:

• Lee Gattenby
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lee Gattenby
    started a topic [Forum] Maintenance update 4.0.5

Maintenance update 4.0.5

I installed this exactly (including shutting down the forum). Went through 6 different steps OK. But its not showing the upgrade