Header Navbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Header Navbar

My header navbar (underneath the vBulletin Logo) currently displays these 2 options/links:

- Forum
    - What's new?

I would like to modify that to show these instead:

- Home
    - Forum

Please let me know where in the admincp I should access to change this.

Thanks.

Checking in one more time to see if anyone knows the answer to this before I submit this question to the VB staff. Thanks!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	newtab.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	3679814Go to AdminCP--> Language and Phrases --> Search Phrases . Type in exactly how it's spelled on the tab and click edit. You should be able to edit from there.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselTruck View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]46916[/ATTACH]Go to AdminCP--> Language and Phrases --> Search Phrases . Type in exactly how it's spelled on the tab and click edit. You should be able to edit from there.
        DieselTruck - Thank you but that seems to only let me rename/relabel the tabs but not customize them (as in adding, replacing, or removing tabs from my top menu).

Any other ideas? Thanks again!

Comment

I need to rethink this

Please ignore my question at this time. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by michelle2work View Post
            I need to rethink this

Please ignore my question at this time. Thanks!
            It's the Navbar template you need to edit look at the very top:

Code:
            <div id="navbar" class="navbar">

<ul id="navtabs" class="navtabs floatcontainer<vb:if condition="$show['member'] AND $notifications_total"> notify</vb:if>">
            		{vb:raw template_hook.navtab_start}
            		<vb:if condition="!$vboptions['selectednavtab'] AND THIS_SCRIPT != 'search'">
            			<li class="selected"><a class="navtab" href="{vb:raw vboptions.forumhome}.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}">{vb:rawphrase forum}</a>
            				<ul class="floatcontainer">
            					{vb:raw template_hook.navbar_start}
            					<vb:if condition="$show['searchbuttons']">
            Add you own tab after {vb:raw template_hook.navtab_start} example:

Code:
            <div id="navbar" class="navbar">

<ul id="navtabs" class="navtabs floatcontainer<vb:if condition="$show['member'] AND $notifications_total"> notify</vb:if>">
            		{vb:raw template_hook.navtab_start}
            <!-- Home Tab -->
            <li>
            <a class="navtab" href="http://www.yoursiteurl.com">Home</a>
            </li>
            <!-- /Home Tab -->
            		<vb:if condition="!$vboptions['selectednavtab'] AND THIS_SCRIPT != 'search'">
            			<li class="selected"><a class="navtab" href="{vb:raw vboptions.forumhome}.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}">{vb:rawphrase forum}</a>
            				<ul class="floatcontainer">
            					{vb:raw template_hook.navbar_start}
            					<vb:if condition="$show['searchbuttons']">
            Now there's also a mod on vbulletin.org that will add them *slight branding at the bottom of your forum though http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...hlight=navtabs although my way above has no branding included and here are some more useful links.. this one by Lynne http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=234220 and then this one by Shelby http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228338 and remember to use the search on each site whether it's vb.com or .org i.e. navbar/navtab/navtabs/navmenu/replace navtabs etc etc any word you can think of to find what you need can help you find tons of info just search for it .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
            Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
            Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

TheLastSuperMan - Thank you so much for this!!! I will definitely PM you on vBulletin.org if I have further questions

Comment