Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• =abvolt=
    replied
    This has been a problem for me since 4.0.4 every time I try to rebuild the sitemap it gives an error: [an error occurred while processing this directive] maybe trying something like vbseo would help I have posted many many times about this with no help. And as for a absolute file path I tried every combination google does not like them, My site has really never been indexed because of this problem.

Leave a comment:

• Edwin Brown
    replied
    There's something wrong with your sitemap setup. You should be able to download the xmlsitemap.php, which will list a number of gzipped files. You should then be able to download each of those files. If that's not working and you can't see what's wrong with the settings, then yes- you should submit a support ticket.

Leave a comment:

• setishock
    replied
    Mine is set to send the files to the root directory. Since I'm sitting in a subdomain mine looks like this: /home/subdomain folder name/public_html
    However if you're not subbed then the path doesn't need the name of the forum in it or a subdomain folder name. Like this: /home/public_html and on to where your files are.

Leave a comment:

• XLCR GODFATHER
    replied
    Wow. I'm sorry then I am not sure what else to tell you.
    Have you submitted a trouble ticket to get help directly?

I can tell you that sometimes when you post in a thread that has already been addressed by someone from VB they don't come back to look at them again. (This one is a good example look at my follow up question that had no response on here)

So starting your own thread will also get you a better response from VB

Leave a comment:

• Hammatime
    replied
    Yes.

I removed the old xml.gz files and tried to rebuild sitemap but no files are being written in the folder.

Leave a comment:

• XLCR GODFATHER
    replied
    Is your file path in your admincp>options>xml sitemap
    set absoloute?
    example:
    /home/yoursite/public_html/forum/store_sitemap

Leave a comment:

• Hammatime
    replied
    Same issue here. Rebuilt sitemap I don't know how many times, path in XML SItemap settings is correct and folder sitemaps is set to 777. When I submit the sitemap in Google Webmasters I get the red cross straight away.

I've went from having over 1k pages indexed to just over 300, and falling, in a week.

What is going on vBulletin? If this is a bug then I'm absolutely astounded that you have no intention of providing a remedy until 4.1 as I have read on here.

If that is the case then let me know so that I can make arrangements to use another forum solution before my site is completely killed.

Leave a comment:

• e13o13
    replied
    I've done that 3 times and it still shows no links in the sitemap - any other suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• XLCR GODFATHER
    replied
    Have you
    admincp>xml sitemap>rebuild sitemap

Leave a comment:

• e13o13
    replied
    Hi, I have done this and google doesn't accept my sitemap (I get the red X in webmaster tools) - I downloaded the xml file and it doesn't show any of the links...

the url is http://christianpf.com/forum/sitemap/xmlsitemap.php

any help would be appreciated...

Leave a comment:

• XLCR GODFATHER
    replied
    Thank you.
    the one that says xmlsitemap.php? at the end of the link.
    and if so should I delete any existing sitemap on google webmaster

Leave a comment:

• Edwin Brown
    replied
    You should submit the single sightmap. If you look at the admincp > XML Sitemap > Rebuild Sitemap it gives you the link. Well, you have to mouseover the link.

Leave a comment:

• XLCR GODFATHER
    started a topic [CMS] Google sitemap submission

Google sitemap submission

Very Simple Question.

For Sitemap Submission to google:
    Should I submit the individual sitemap urls that are listed in the admincp> XML Sitemap>Rebuild Sitemap>The sitemap will be accessed by search engines via this URL.

There are 4 of them listed in this file. Blog, Thread, forum and cms

Or Should I submit the one that is listed as Index in the file of the file manager where these are stored?

Or Should I submit all 5?